Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

PLEASE HELP! Urinary symptoms + many others no diagnosis

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: kermsie
  • December 7, 2009
  • 05:00 AM

I have urinary pain, discomfort, burning, itching, painful intercourse, irregular periods followed by missing period for three months, no possibility of pregnancy. Now there is sugar in my urine and a bacteria that they never saw before, for which they prescribed Metronidazole. I have been on anti-biotics and 7-day yeast creams several times even though they never saw an UTI or yeast infection in testing (this problem has been going on 3 years). Since taking the meds, I have increased pelvic pain, back pain, odd-textured discharge, and my lips are really dry.
I have a slew of other symptoms,either related or irrelevent: migraines, "electrical shock" pains usually in head, but sometimes in leg, heart palpatations, chest pain, pressure, constriction, shortness of breath, circulation issues (heart images were normal and 24 holter normal), fatigue, joint pain, occasional feeling of weakness throughout entire body,
Please help if you can. I am going crazy. If you know what is wrong, please let me know and also let me know how to convince my doctor that you are right, so that I can actually get the right tests done. Thank you for your time.

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Sometimes doctors are unable to detect certain symptoms. I had to go through so much trouble with them. I came across a site called caring.com, where they had listed out the symptoms. Hope this can help you.
    sharron1 1 Replies
    • December 7, 2009
    • 07:15 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have urinary pain, discomfort, burning, itching, painful intercourse, irregular periods followed by missing period for three months, no possibility of pregnancy. Now there is sugar in my urine and a bacteria that they never saw before, for which they prescribed Metronidazole. I have been on anti-biotics and 7-day yeast creams several times even though they never saw an UTI or yeast infection in testing (this problem has been going on 3 years). Since taking the meds, I have increased pelvic pain, back pain, odd-textured discharge, and my lips are really dry.I have a slew of other symptoms,either related or irrelevent: migraines, "electrical shock" pains usually in head, but sometimes in leg, heart palpatations, chest pain, pressure, constriction, shortness of breath, circulation issues (heart images were normal and 24 holter normal), fatigue, joint pain, occasional feeling of weakness throughout entire body, Please help if you can. I am going crazy. If you know what is wrong, please let me know and also let me know how to convince my doctor that you are right, so that I can actually get the right tests done. Thank you for your time.Have you been tested for endometriosis?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2009
    • 05:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Have you been tested for endometriosis?No, I have not. I still have yet to get a referral to a urologist. At this point, I am just waiting for the doctor to run out of things that they can do on their level, because until they are satisfied, they will not refer me.
    kermsie 2 Replies
    • December 8, 2009
    • 03:55 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have urinary pain, discomfort, burning, itching, painful intercourse, irregular periods followed by missing period for three months, no possibility of pregnancy. Now there is sugar in my urine and a bacteria that they never saw before, for which they prescribed Metronidazole. I have been on anti-biotics and 7-day yeast creams several times even though they never saw an UTI or yeast infection in testing (this problem has been going on 3 years). Since taking the meds, I have increased pelvic pain, back pain, odd-textured discharge, and my lips are really dry.I have a slew of other symptoms,either related or irrelevent: migraines, "electrical shock" pains usually in head, but sometimes in leg, heart palpatations, chest pain, pressure, constriction, shortness of breath, circulation issues (heart images were normal and 24 holter normal), fatigue, joint pain, occasional feeling of weakness throughout entire body, Please help if you can. I am going crazy. If you know what is wrong, please let me know and also let me know how to convince my doctor that you are right, so that I can actually get the right tests done. Thank you for your time.The only time they prescribe metrodiazole is for trichomonas....Take all the medicine..It is a parasitic infection (STD) Do you take Anti depressants? My nephew and my son experienced the electrical shock sensations from running out of the medicine...You are not crazy NO so just get that right out of your head...You have alot going on with your body and you need blood work done CBC and differentials and urine test to see if the little critters are gone but not until you take all the medicine. If you had trichomonas that long you could have chest pains, shortness of breath, definately weakness, and fatique. Please lookup Congenital Syphlis.....It is something you could have been born with....Ask for a complete STD check (blood work)...Tell your Doctor that because you are a worried mess you are just trying to figure out what your symptoms mean and if he wont do the tests go to a new Doctor. In other words he works for you...FIRE HIM....If you are sick they should try to help you get well by figuring out what is wrong....Dont give up til you have answers OKAY? Good luck So sorry youve been thru all this...Do not let it affect your mental health and stay calm when talking to your Doc okay? TC and good luckPS Also whomever you are having relations with do not have sex until they are treated it will come right back....(you have to wait until you are sure it is gone and they are sure it is gone (retest)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 11, 2009
    • 04:55 AM
    Flag this Response
  • The only time they prescribe metrodiazole is for trichomonas....Take all the medicine..It is a parasitic infection (STD) Do you take Anti depressants? My nephew and my son experienced the electrical shock sensations from running out of the medicine...You are not crazy NO so just get that right out of your head...You have alot going on with your body and you need blood work done CBC and differentials and urine test to see if the little critters are gone but not until you take all the medicine. If you had trichomonas that long you could have chest pains, shortness of breath, definately weakness, and fatique. Please lookup Congenital Syphlis.....It is something you could have been born with....Ask for a complete STD check (blood work)...Tell your Doctor that because you are a worried mess you are just trying to figure out what your symptoms mean and if he wont do the tests go to a new Doctor. In other words he works for you...FIRE HIM....If you are sick they should try to help you get well by figuring out what is wrong....Dont give up til you have answers OKAY? Good luck So sorry youve been thru all this...Do not let it affect your mental health and stay calm when talking to your Doc okay? TC and good luckPS Also whomever you are having relations with do not have sex until they are treated it will come right back....(you have to wait until you are sure it is gone and they are sure it is gone (retest)I finished taking all the pills, still have whatever it is. The urinary symptoms improved, but did not go away. Urgh! Thank you for your kind words and helpful tips. I will look into it. I am going back to the doctor today. Wish me luck!
    kermsie 2 Replies
    • December 11, 2009
    • 04:26 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement