Discussions By Condition: Pregnancy

How Long DO I have to WAIT

Posted In: Pregnancy 17 Replies
  • Posted By: tnakhoul
  • January 4, 2007
  • 01:00 PM

just curious as to how many months i have to wait after having a caesarian in june 2006, before i can try again for another baby. I have had 4 vaginal births & 1 caesarian? I really would like to have a vaginal birth again...:confused:
thankyou

Reply Flag this Discussion

17 Replies:

• WHY THE URGENCY TO HAVE MORE CHILDREN??? FOUR VAGINAL BIRTHS AND A CESEAREAN? ARE YOU TRYING TO START A BASEBALL TEAM? HOW FAR APART ARE THESE KIDS? DON'T YOU THINK THAT MAYBE A BIT OF 1 ON 1 QUALITY TIME WITH EACH ONE WOULD BE NICE? DO YOU KNOW THE LONG TERM AFFECTS OF MULTIPLE PREGNANCIES ON YOUR BODY? I HOPE YOU ARE DOING ALOT OF EXERCISE NOW TO HELP KEEP YOUR BODY FROM PROLAPSE (UTERINE AND RECTAL) PLUS YOU NEED TO LEAVE TIME BETWEEN BIRTHS SO YOUR BLOOD CAN BUILD UP (multiple births is ******n Iron AND B-12 in the RED blood count) IT'S OBVIOUS YOU ARE SEXUALLY ACTIVE- BUT HOW IS YOUR ROMANTIC LIFE (with all those kids around and constantly pregnant) :confused: DOES YOUR HUBBY WANT MORE KIDS TOO? YOU GUYS MUST HAVE WON A LOTTERY TO AFFORD ALL THOSE HUNGRY MOUTHS. MAYBE YOU SHOULD PUT IT TO A VOTE! bEST OF lUCK
    1111healer 106 Replies
    • January 4, 2007
    • 08:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • How Rude Are You.. I Only Hope You Dont Have Children, With An Attitude Like That. I Had A Stillborn & Have 4 Children, Who I Devote My Entire Life To, & Enjoy Doing So. I Do Not Work & Therefore Can Provide All Of My Children With One On One. How Pig Headed You Are To Make Judgemental Comments About My Relationship, Sex Life & The Ability To Afford My Children.These Children Are My Whole Life, And If You Find That Sad, Then I Can Only Assume That You Are So Self Evolved & Selfish & That Would Be Why You Cannnot Understand My Desire To Have Another Child. Next Time, Dont Offer Your Advice Unless
    tnakhoul 1 Replies
    • January 7, 2007
    • 09:39 PM
    Flag this Response
  • It takes at least 6 months for the uterus stitch to heal up. Unfortunately, if you have had C-section there is a likelihood for the repeated C-section.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 19, 2007
    • 02:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • How long do I have to wait to get pregnant? And are there drugs or OTC ways I can get pregnant?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 25, 2007
    • 06:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • yes i was just wondering how long do u have to wait to have another baby after having a c-section my little boy was born on oct. and i don't know if am pregnant again
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 31, 2007
    • 00:31 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Tnak, I think its great that you are having those children. I myself have 6 children. My husband and I togeather have 8, mine, his, and ours. I had 6 of them myself. My youngest is 5 and my oldest is 16. I did have all my children natral but I am pretty sure you should wait at least 6 mons. before getting pregnant again. The longer you wait the less chance of uterine rupture or of the scar separating. Good luck to you and your growing family.
    Iendire 1 Replies
    • February 5, 2007
    • 06:12 AM
    Flag this Response
  • tnakhoul, I think it's wonderful that you can have all these children. I am one of 7 and my husband is one of 15. I would love to have more, but only God gives, and he has given us one, which I'm thankful for. I think whenever God plants that little seed in you for another child, that's when you are ready...I have a friend who has had 3 c-sections, and her oldest turned 3 in Oct, and she also had her third in Oct, so they are hardly 3 years apart. My sister-in-law had a emergency c-section for her first, and was able to go natural for her next two. It all depends on your doctor, what he wants and is willing for you to do. Now for me, I had a c-section, after 12 hours of labor, and wouldn't want to go through labor again, I'll go for the c-section immediatly. My doc, also said I wouldn't be able to have any normal unless they are real tiny...my son was 9lb 9oz, too big for me. Hope all turns out ok. Brenda
    BrendaBley 21 Replies
    • February 15, 2007
    • 02:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I Think Its Wonderful That You Devote Yourself To Your Kids,i Myself Only Have Three,but I Have Just Been Approved For Fostering And Have Agreed To Take On Five Siblings What A Happy House This Will Be.noisy Too I Should Imagine But Never Dull.i Also Agree With You About Your First Reply,it Was Extremely Rude And Judgemental And I Apologise On Thier Behalf I Hope They Are Now Embarressed.Personally I Would Give It About Six Months To Let Your Body Heal,it Took Nine Months To Grow A Baby Give It That To Get Over It.also A Friend Of Mine Had Two C-sections And Her Third Baby Was Born Vaginally.Good Luck To You And Your Ever Growing Family,may They All Bring You Many Years Of Happiness.xxx
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 24, 2007
    • 05:50 PM
    Flag this Response
  • just curious as to how many months i have to wait after having a caesarian in june 2006, before i can try again for another baby. I have had 4 vaginal births & 1 caesarian? I really would like to have a vaginal birth again...:confused: thankyouthey say after haveing one c section you cant have any more vaginal births
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • No, that's not true. IT used to be many years ago, but not any more. I have several sister-in-laws who have had c-sections, and now have had vaginal deliveries.
    BrendaBley 21 Replies Flag this Response
  • There is no set amount of time to suggest, other than waiting at LEAST six months. A C section is very invasive, and you shouldn't rush into trying to have more children unless you have great energy and are in otherwise amazing health. I recommend giving it time, and allowing your body to heal and get yourself back in balance. Take the best prenatal supplement you can afford, and start taking it now to give yourself the best starting point. Too many births close together can really injure your Kidney essence in Chinese Medicine. So just be careful and make sure your body is ready for another pregnancy. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I had 2 c-sections, they were both breech! I got pregnant with my third without planning only 6 months after I had my baby, to tell you the truth , although they say 6 montsh wait at least but if you can wait for a year it is much better for you. I am only 15 weeks now but I can barely move, my body aches all over, I need extra calcuim and extra Prenatal Vit. I had to stop nursing my little one because my body could not do that any more, I am looking for a third C-section coz it will be riskt to go for vbac especially that my scars did not fully heal yet....in another word I love my children so much and I am happy that I will be blessed with a third one but I wish it did not happen that fast, I like being pregnant and wish I could enjoy this one, but I am so tired that I just can't wait until it is over.Good luck
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 10, 2007
    • 05:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • How Rude Are You.. I Only Hope You Dont Have Children, With An Attitude Like That. I Had A Stillborn & Have 4 Children, Who I Devote My Entire Life To, & Enjoy Doing So. I Do Not Work & Therefore Can Provide All Of My Children With One On One. How Pig Headed You Are To Make Judgemental Comments About My Relationship, Sex Life & The Ability To Afford My Children.These Children Are My Whole Life, And If You Find That Sad, Then I Can Only Assume That You Are So Self Evolved & Selfish & That Would Be Why You Cannnot Understand My Desire To Have Another Child. Next Time, Dont Offer Your Advice UnlessThread,Individuals like "1111healer" DON'T have a life and DON'T know what joy life can bring, especially children. I had my son in March 07 by emergency c-section. Love him dearly and like yourself cannot wait to have my next baby (hoping to have a total of 4). Considering that I would like to have my next baby vaginally, I was told I needed to wait at least 12 months. Best of Luck,AgW
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 22, 2007
    • 07:23 PM
    Flag this Response
  • WHY THE URGENCY TO HAVE MORE CHILDREN??? FOUR VAGINAL BIRTHS AND A CESEAREAN? ARE YOU TRYING TO START A BASEBALL TEAM? HOW FAR APART ARE THESE KIDS? DON'T YOU THINK THAT MAYBE A BIT OF 1 ON 1 QUALITY TIME WITH EACH ONE WOULD BE NICE? DO YOU KNOW THE LONG TERM AFFECTS OF MULTIPLE PREGNANCIES ON YOUR BODY? I HOPE YOU ARE DOING ALOT OF EXERCISE NOW TO HELP KEEP YOUR BODY FROM PROLAPSE (UTERINE AND RECTAL) PLUS YOU NEED TO LEAVE TIME BETWEEN BIRTHS SO YOUR BLOOD CAN BUILD UP (multiple births is ******n Iron AND B-12 in the RED blood count) IT'S OBVIOUS YOU ARE SEXUALLY ACTIVE- BUT HOW IS YOUR ROMANTIC LIFE (with all those kids around and constantly pregnant) :confused: DOES YOUR HUBBY WANT MORE KIDS TOO? YOU GUYS MUST HAVE WON A LOTTERY TO AFFORD ALL THOSE HUNGRY MOUTHS. MAYBE YOU SHOULD PUT IT TO A VOTE! bEST OF lUCKThis comment from you is extremly rude.qUESTIONING HER ROLE AS MOTHER.. U IGNORANT slob who do you think you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was shocked to read it.. this lady obviously enjoys children.. and as long as she is a good mother WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? and i am also sure that this lady is older enough to make her own decisions.. you cound very much like a person who controls people... I say concentrate on your own life,, ( nto as if you have much of one) you interested in everyone elses.. and if you do happen to have children i really hope they know how to be civilised!! cause you certainly dont.. Like to see you be rude to me.. cause i ewont be as calm as the other lady especially if you questioning her.. Hope to hear back from you.. and please if you are goning to be rude at least do it properly. cuz it does sound awfully pathetic
  • well I have had 3 c-sections. my doctor told me you should really wait at least a year so you know that everything has healed. My doctor also told me that if you have babies like I do that are over 8 pounds you can not deliver vaginal successfully after a c-section. he said babies that are over 8 pounds can burst your uterus. you can have vaginal births after c-sections, but I wouldnt advise it unless the baby is small. you should really talk to your doctor because he will know what is best for you. thanks
  • so i had and emer. csection my baby boy was 2 months early now i want to wait 2 years to get preg again but will i be able to have a vaginal birth, because i really want to...? :-) they cut me from side to side?? is that enough time to do VBAC?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 24, 2009
    • 04:59 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have 2 beautiful girls one is 3 years old and the other is 8 months and they were both cesarian, now im pregnant again with another girl...lol.. and im 22 weeks...and i really wanted a vaginal birth but unfortunetly its another cesarian,,Also here in Puerto Rico I could not find a doctor that would accept me having a vaginal birth they all say it's too risky for me and the baby,,I dont really know exactly how long you have to wait but i would say the same time it took the baby to be born "9 months" remember your body needs to go back to the way it was... I wish you the best of luck with your growing family and dont listen to rude comments sometimes people are so ignorant...God Bless :D
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement