Discussions By Condition: Infectious diseases

myelitis

Posted In: Infectious diseases 2 Replies
  • Posted By: mervyn
  • November 29, 2009
  • 03:26 PM

I fell ill in Jany 2007 I was wrongly diagnosed as having Chikengunya Later in Feb 2007 I consulted a neurophysician who diagnosed it as transverse myelitis and immediately put me on to treatment --physiotherapy and gave me methyl praedisinone and medixon (intravenous) for 3 days.After that through physiotherapy I was able to walk by August 2007.At the moment after 2 years I still have numbness at the front of my soles on the feet and I feel heaviness on the muscle just below the knee.The major problem is I have spasms in my legs when I get up in the morning and the leg gets stretched, after which I am okay. But the numbness and the heaviness continues . I still continue exercises for my legs daily and do a walk (cannot walk Fast) for about 30 minutes daily.
I have been taking Baclofen (2 at the beginning) and one tablet daily since 2007. I also take GLA 100 and a Resuls tablet daily.
I am 69 years old and it appears that I have to live with it. Is there some medication to reduce the spasms Please email reply Mervyn

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I am 60 now but was prescribed lipitor and just kept getting weaker reporting it to my doctor but he just told me it is in my mind finally three years ago i became paralyzed from the chest down to the floor i went in the hospital for 7 months with rhabdomylisis from taking lipitor but the pain similar to yours etc stayed. but what I found scary and worse is I developed something like a seisure and would start shaking and jerking with no control nothing they medically seemed to stop them i take 480 milligrams of morphine twice a day but when home i tried smoke and that takes 3 puffs once a month to stop the shaking now I only hve to smoke the 3 puffs about once in 4 months i am sure smoke would stop it for you to but you need very very little
    nancy gendron 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • Great....:)
    cutepinky90 2 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement