Discussions By Condition: Infectious diseases

myelitis

Posted In: Infectious diseases 2 Replies
  • Posted By: mervyn
  • November 29, 2009
  • 03:26 PM

I fell ill in Jany 2007 I was wrongly diagnosed as having Chikengunya Later in Feb 2007 I consulted a neurophysician who diagnosed it as transverse myelitis and immediately put me on to treatment --physiotherapy and gave me methyl praedisinone and medixon (intravenous) for 3 days.After that through physiotherapy I was able to walk by August 2007.At the moment after 2 years I still have numbness at the front of my soles on the feet and I feel heaviness on the muscle just below the knee.The major problem is I have spasms in my legs when I get up in the morning and the leg gets stretched, after which I am okay. But the numbness and the heaviness continues . I still continue exercises for my legs daily and do a walk (cannot walk Fast) for about 30 minutes daily.
I have been taking Baclofen (2 at the beginning) and one tablet daily since 2007. I also take GLA 100 and a Resuls tablet daily.
I am 69 years old and it appears that I have to live with it. Is there some medication to reduce the spasms Please email reply Mervyn

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• I am 60 now but was prescribed lipitor and just kept getting weaker reporting it to my doctor but he just told me it is in my mind finally three years ago i became paralyzed from the chest down to the floor i went in the hospital for 7 months with rhabdomylisis from taking lipitor but the pain similar to yours etc stayed. but what I found scary and worse is I developed something like a seisure and would start shaking and jerking with no control nothing they medically seemed to stop them i take 480 milligrams of morphine twice a day but when home i tried smoke and that takes 3 puffs once a month to stop the shaking now I only hve to smoke the 3 puffs about once in 4 months i am sure smoke would stop it for you to but you need very very little
    nancy gendron 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • Great....:)
    cutepinky90 2 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement