Discussions By Condition: Mental conditions

Anxiety or...?

Posted In: Mental conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 3, 2007
  • 02:13 PM

This is my story:

I am a 19 year old female, and was first diagnosed with anxiety disorder in the fall of 2005 by a pediatrician. ( I was 18 at the time) He immediately gave me the SSRI, Paxil and I was instructed to gradually increase the dose. Well, I was doing fine at about 20 mgs but when he upped the dose to 30, my whole world fell apart. I woke up one morning suicidial, angry, heard voices in my head telling me to kill myself...not fun. Withdrew off the drug under doctor's orders and was completely fine for a few months. I was seeing a therapist just to talk about my day and my anxiety issues. I ended out 2005 happier and less anxiety-ridden.

In January-March of 2006, I would have like 2-3 weeks during the month were I was a complete nutcase. I felt like people were behind me, anxious, depressed, crying a lot, extremely agitated. The first few months had a pattern: For two weeks, I was happy about life, everything was peachy keen and then bam! two weeks of utter ***l..During what I used to refer to as my "possessed weeks", I felt classic PMS symptoms but to a severity that I hope no woman ever has to feel. One month, I cut cold turkey on caffeine and my symptoms didnt go away, the caffeine withdrawal was unbearbale so I started drinking it again. Also, on an appetite suppressant (Cortislim) I felt extremely agitated, like everything bothered me (noise, lights, people, objects..) I can't explain how I felt exactly. As weird as this sounds, first two weeks in the month I could go to church and last two, I couldn't stand it. I don't know if "religious" feelings have anything to do with mood problems or not, but I think so now. ...I've been diagnosed with Bipolar/Depression/Anxiety/OCD and given too many medications to count. I'm off all my meds now ( my doing..) feeling slightly better, but I still drink caffeine. Could all of this be caused by caffeine? I've head of caffeie allergy/mental toxicity) any advice would be great!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement