Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

breathing problems cant sleep burping helps

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 16, 2009
  • 03:25 PM

hey i have been having these problems for over 3 months now , but it was only happening about once a week now its more like 2 out of every 3 days. so heres basicly what happens . i have muscle pains in my left side around my chest and heart which is also in my back and sometimes down my arm , and somtimes on my right side but mainly left. thats all bareable but i cant breath properly unless i burp and belch and then the burping wont stop for hours , now its almost ok when its durring the day and im up n active but as soon as my head hits that pillow theres no way i can sleep , if i try to sleep and i can get to the stage where im nearly asleep BAM i wake up my hearts racing and i cant breath then i burp which is very relieving but doesnt let me sleep as i need to be awake burping in order to control it , now after a few hours of burping and the occasional scary heart flutter i start getting acid burns up my throat from burping so much so that becomes pritty painfull , now i have tried bi carb and warm water, mylanta and quickies which do relieve and neutralise the burping and what not but the burping doesnt stop so all these things do is just make it slightly easyer to stay awake from what ever is stil making me burp . i have been to the drs and had a chest x ray everything was fine with that. then i went again and they said it was acid reflux and gave me some tablets called Nexium . which havent seemed to work yet . im not sure if it is acid reflux because it feels liek there is just a allot of preasuer inisde me which is causeing muscle pains and stopping me from breathging but then burping relieves it then the burping becomes all acidic and sort of waht i would imagine acide reflux would be. but primaraly i think its somting els ... but why cant i breath .. i need sleep please help

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• having same problem...wish someone would answer... note mine happens when i do cocaine
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • I have similar problems.Especially at night though in the day to.I have a problem where while eating I feel like im choking but I can still breathe.Water will not go down either its like the gas created a wall.Also I get the feeling that I cannot burp.Burping relieves some of the pressure when I can actually do it.I also think all of the gas is causing heart arythmias which Ive had for years.It is rather scary
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 12, 2010
    • 04:20 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Inhalers are very safe form of treatment. Inhalers are QUICK ACTING than other forms of treatment, because they go exactly where needed, without circulating through your blood stream first (like tablets, syrups and even injections)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 12, 2010
    • 11:26 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I was having similiar problems, with breathing and "indigestion". It seemed whenever my stomache was very uncomfortable, I felt like my stomache was spasming and burning....I would then get wheezy in my chest and I felt a lot of pressure. I couldn't eat. Burping would help. I ended up going for an upper GI and they said my stomache was inflamed. The thing is, the doctors were giving me medication for Gerd ( a condition caused by too much acid production) but my problem isn't that, though my symptoms pointed to gerd. All the acid reducers or ppi's weren't working. I actually have too much bile production. The doctor has prescribed a medicine called Carafate. This coats the stomache and has worked for me. The best thing you can do is go for an upper GI...(which isn't as bad as it sounds.) Good Luck!
    alia_dance 1 Replies
    • December 7, 2010
    • 05:13 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have had this same problem my chest is constantly hurting on the left side and having problems breathing then when i went to the doctor they told me the muscles in my chest were inflamed, and prescribed amoxilan or something like that for the infection and tylenol with coding and it helped me out. I dont have insurance anymore so i cant afford it anymore. hope it helped
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement