Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

22 and desperate

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 8, 2009
  • 04:17 AM

I am 22 i have been "sick" for 4 years now. I always had difficutly with physical activites and sensitivity to medications and pain. Never really anything until right after my 18th birthday that was dibilitating.
My sypmtoms have multiplied over the years. Starting out with chest pains with numbness in my left arm and face. I also seemed to have "heartburn" with these syptoms. After many test done on my heart and esphogus i was told my heart was okay but i did have a hypersensitive esphogus.
I have devolped pain and numbness in all extremities.
I have seen 30+ doctors over the years and have multitudes of tests done.
My condition whatever it may be is degenertive and gets worse month after month. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia although that never seemed right and it turns out it is not fibromyalgia. I was told that i might have an undifferantied connective tissue disease. I have been told that whatever i have it is rare, and will never be pin-pointed.
My bloodwork shows elevated levels in CRP and ESR.
All MRI's have ruled out Muliple Sclerios.
My ANA's in bloodwork were normal as well.

My symptoms are the following:

Extreme pain mostly in my legs
Numbness in all extremities at random and with pressure
I have the sensation of rubberband on my legs, it feel as if there is no circulation...(no swelling tho)
I have the sensation of vibrating on my the back of my thighs, spine, and back of my head at random
Chest pains
Cold legs and feet always
Vision blurrs when i look to the sides and causes headaches
My muscles are very weak, and i cannot lift even an gallon of milk
My back muscles are also very weak and cannot hold my spine place, i have to go the chiropractor on a regular basis or else i will get pinched nerves
Also i get frequent pelvic pain (endometriosis was ruled out)
Heat sensitivity as well

The pain is horrible i had to quit college and work years ago, i have a hard time walking and am not able to do very much. I cannot even bursh my hair well it is to hard to do.

Oh and i should mention that i often feel bruised on my legs.

Does anybody else have these symptoms? Or advice? Or direction?
I am seriously desperate...

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Hey I am 19 years old and experiancing some of the same symptoms but they all come and go from time to time. If you get any answers could u please let me know? he_isthe_way@yahooI am 22 i have been "sick" for 4 years now. I always had difficutly with physical activites and sensitivity to medications and pain. Never really anything until right after my 18th birthday that was dibilitating.My sypmtoms have multiplied over the years. Starting out with chest pains with numbness in my left arm and face. I also seemed to have "heartburn" with these syptoms. After many test done on my heart and esphogus i was told my heart was okay but i did have a hypersensitive esphogus. I have devolped pain and numbness in all extremities. I have seen 30+ doctors over the years and have multitudes of tests done.My condition whatever it may be is degenertive and gets worse month after month. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia although that never seemed right and it turns out it is not fibromyalgia. I was told that i might have an undifferantied connective tissue disease. I have been told that whatever i have it is rare, and will never be pin-pointed.My bloodwork shows elevated levels in CRP and ESR.All MRI's have ruled out Muliple Sclerios.My ANA's in bloodwork were normal as well.My symptoms are the following:Extreme pain mostly in my legsNumbness in all extremities at random and with pressureI have the sensation of rubberband on my legs, it feel as if there is no circulation...(no swelling tho)I have the sensation of vibrating on my the back of my thighs, spine, and back of my head at randomChest painsCold legs and feet alwaysVision blurrs when i look to the sides and causes headachesMy muscles are very weak, and i cannot lift even an gallon of milkMy back muscles are also very weak and cannot hold my spine place, i have to go the chiropractor on a regular basis or else i will get pinched nervesAlso i get frequent pelvic pain (endometriosis was ruled out)Heat sensitivity as wellThe pain is horrible i had to quit college and work years ago, i have a hard time walking and am not able to do very much. I cannot even bursh my hair well it is to hard to do. Oh and i should mention that i often feel bruised on my legs.Does anybody else have these symptoms? Or advice? Or direction?I am seriously desperate...
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 9, 2009
    • 00:43 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I am 22 i have been "sick" for 4 years now. I always had difficutly with physical activites and sensitivity to medications and pain. Never really anything until right after my 18th birthday that was dibilitating.My sypmtoms have multiplied over the years. Starting out with chest pains with numbness in my left arm and face. I also seemed to have "heartburn" with these syptoms. After many test done on my heart and esphogus i was told my heart was okay but i did have a hypersensitive esphogus. I have devolped pain and numbness in all extremities. I have seen 30+ doctors over the years and have multitudes of tests done.My condition whatever it may be is degenertive and gets worse month after month. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia although that never seemed right and it turns out it is not fibromyalgia. I was told that i might have an undifferantied connective tissue disease. I have been told that whatever i have it is rare, and will never be pin-pointed.My bloodwork shows elevated levels in CRP and ESR.All MRI's have ruled out Muliple Sclerios.My ANA's in bloodwork were normal as well.My symptoms are the following:Extreme pain mostly in my legsNumbness in all extremities at random and with pressureI have the sensation of rubberband on my legs, it feel as if there is no circulation...(no swelling tho)I have the sensation of vibrating on my the back of my thighs, spine, and back of my head at randomChest painsCold legs and feet alwaysVision blurrs when i look to the sides and causes headachesMy muscles are very weak, and i cannot lift even an gallon of milkMy back muscles are also very weak and cannot hold my spine place, i have to go the chiropractor on a regular basis or else i will get pinched nervesAlso i get frequent pelvic pain (endometriosis was ruled out)Heat sensitivity as wellThe pain is horrible i had to quit college and work years ago, i have a hard time walking and am not able to do very much. I cannot even bursh my hair well it is to hard to do. Oh and i should mention that i often feel bruised on my legs.Does anybody else have these symptoms? Or advice? Or direction?I am seriously desperate...I had most of your symptoms for 14 years until I eliminated aspartame from my diet. An infrared sauna, after 7 days, eliminated my pain completely....hopefully they have some available to the public in your area.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 9, 2009
    • 01:24 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I had most of your symptoms for 14 years until I eliminated aspartame from my diet. An infrared sauna, after 7 days, eliminated my pain completely....hopefully they have some available to the public in your area.I actually have an infrared sauna, my aunt bought me one off ebay, and i use it frequently but it doesnt really do to much for me, and as far as the aspartame, i did that years ago, it gave me awful headaches. however i really appreciate the advice, thank you.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 13, 2009
    • 02:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey I am 19 years old and experiancing some of the same symptoms but they all come and go from time to time. If you get any answers could u please let me know? he_isthe_way@yahooI will def let you know!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 13, 2009
    • 02:35 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement