Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Suffering from strange attacks/ seizures ... Please help!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Seditionaire
  • November 2, 2009
  • 08:16 AM

For several years nos I have been suffering from these attacks that have gone undiagnosed. From panic attacks to absence seizures, i'v looked into everything, had a couple of seemingly normal EEG's.
The attacks, which last about 30 seconds, come on unprovoked at any time... I can usually sense one about to come on as it feels as a sort of wave that creacendoes and passes. It starts like a very strong feeling of déjà vu. Almost immobilizing, and then a sort of strange numbness all over my body, my hearing feels muddled and I have the feeling of being truly beside myself... If I'm walking or talking when an attack hits, I usually can't keep going ... I stop mid-sentence, or lose my train of thought, I may havebtobsit or justvstand until it passes. My sister once witnessed one and said I just had a kind of glazed expression.... Which sounds like absence. Seizures, but my EEG came back normal. Has anyone else ever had something similar? Can anyone tell me what this might be? I am truly at my wit's end, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement