Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Strange group of symptoms

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 1, 2009
  • 02:13 AM

My friend has been dealing with various symptoms over the last year and a half. Her doctor is treating the symptoms, but not addressing that they may be caused by a much bigger issue. Let me preface this list of symptoms by saying that this women has little or no reaction to medications, anesthesia, and alcohol. In a routine surgery years ago, the anesthesiologist had to give her three times what he would normally give a woman her size to put her under.

She has:

severe dry eyes
sensitivity to light
severe dry skin (despite heavy lotion use and drinking massive amounts of water)
fatigue (usually a very high-energy person)
moderate abdominal pain
abdominal bloating
hair loss and thinning

Both of these symptoms are very recent and only last a short time, usually in the mid-afternoon:

racing heart
shakiness

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• My friend has been dealing with various symptoms over the last year and a half. Her doctor is treating the symptoms, but not addressing that they may be caused by a much bigger issue. Let me preface this list of symptoms by saying that this women has little or no reaction to medications, anesthesia, and alcohol. In a routine surgery years ago, the anesthesiologist had to give her three times what he would normally give a woman her size to put her under.She has:severe dry eyessensitivity to lightsevere dry skin (despite heavy lotion use and drinking massive amounts of water)fatigue (usually a very high-energy person)moderate abdominal painabdominal bloatinghair loss and thinningBoth of these symptoms are very recent and only last a short time, usually in the mid-afternoon:racing heartshakinessDisclaimer: I am not a licensed professional and am not able to diagnose/treat any medical condition you may have. I am only here to bring some insight onto a condition you may have. If you believe your symptoms are severe enough, the best thing you can do is go see a doctor.Hi there, a lot of the symptoms you listed have an accosiation with a condiotion called hypothyroidism. It's a condition that involves insufficient production of the T3 and T4 thyroid hormones. I suggest you go to your doctor and ask to get tests done for this condition. The tests involve the drawing of blood to test for your T3 and T4 levels. Your doctor will be able to better explain this once you go see him.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 1, 2009
    • 06:07 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement