Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Multi-symptom physical disaster

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 11, 2009
  • 08:57 AM

I've used this website for information off and on for a year before being able to see a doctor willing to let me pay cash. Well, a dozen visits later and I'm no better off than I was before.. My list of symptoms is long and so far the only thing I've been treated for is depression and all that's managed to do is convince me that while I may be a bit emotional, it's mostly hormonal and the medication made me completely devoid of any emotion, slow to react and unable to do much more than stare at the wall. I was also a mammogram and sonogram on my breasts but was unable to get a diagnosis and was told to get another mammogram.. Finally, my thyroid was tested and the results came back, OK, according to the doctor.

In my own search for answers, I've come up with everything from cancer to a pituitary tumor to thyroid disease.

In any case, I'm pretty much at wit's end and I don't feel the that doctors I'm seeing is able to heal me. In fact, I am beginning to feel as though the medical profession overlooks the whole person and merely focuses on the first thing you complain about when you walk in the door. I cried the first time I saw the doctor so I guess she assumed I was depressed.. After she put me on pills I had a serious bout of galactorhea(sic) and bleeding so I spent the next few weeks trying to get a mammogram in this one horse town only to find nothing appears to be wrong.

It's rediculous...I'm 34 years old and I'm falling apart.. I'm not a pill popping hypochondriac and something is most certainly WRONG with me.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Hair loss and general change of hair texture.Acute migraines with multiple triggers(flashing lights, dehydration, PMS)Nearly constant headache in one part of head or another.Forgetfulness and difficulty learning anything.Floating blind dot in left eye.Rushing sound in ears.Small knot where a tumor was removed from my neck which sometimes hurts.Pain from neck shooting to right arm and all the way down right leg.Leaking of breasts for several years, left breast intermittently bleeds a bit.Very noticeable difference in breast size and shape which worsened as I age.Grossly distended stomach which never gets better even when I had lost weight. But I haven't lost weight in 3 years no matter what I do. the fat just keeps getting worse.Hips and feet hurt so badly when I sit too long or when I wake up that I can't touch my feet to the floor until I stretch.6-8 week menstrual cycle, sometimes not for months at a time, water weight gain of as much @ 10 pounds each period. Violent mood swings.Alternating diarrhea and constipation.I almost always have a rash... Usually on some part of my arms.Have broken out with hives at least 10 times in the last year. Presumably from allergy to chemicals. I've always had sensitive skin and used to get boils under my arms from deodorant. I still occasionally get them on my bikini area.Only recently have had problem with acne. Most recently vaginal dryness and total loss of sex drive. Cyclical depression.. Usually melt down about every 3 years. Yet while I used to cry over everything , recently I could care less.Insomnia( it's 5:41 am here)Anxiety and mild social phobia. I had to quit my job of 10 years as a bartender and move, I'm practically a recluse compared to how I used to be.And finally, I'm just generally fatigued.I rarely have a really great day where I have the energy to do everything I need to and do it without pain.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 11, 2009
    • 09:55 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hair loss and general change of hair texture.Acute migraines with multiple triggers(flashing lights, dehydration, PMS)Nearly constant headache in one part of head or another.Forgetfulness and difficulty learning anything.Floating blind dot in left eye.Rushing sound in ears.Small knot where a tumor was removed from my neck which sometimes hurts.Pain from neck shooting to right arm and all the way down right leg.Leaking of breasts for several years, left breast intermittently bleeds a bit.Very noticeable difference in breast size and shape which worsened as I age.Grossly distended stomach which never gets better even when I had lost weight. But I haven't lost weight in 3 years no matter what I do. the fat just keeps getting worse.Hips and feet hurt so badly when I sit too long or when I wake up that I can't touch my feet to the floor until I stretch.6-8 week menstrual cycle, sometimes not for months at a time, water weight gain of as much @ 10 pounds each period. Violent mood swings.Alternating diarrhea and constipation.I almost always have a rash... Usually on some part of my arms.Have broken out with hives at least 10 times in the last year. Presumably from allergy to chemicals. I've always had sensitive skin and used to get boils under my arms from deodorant. I still occasionally get them on my bikini area.Only recently have had problem with acne. Most recently vaginal dryness and total loss of sex drive. Cyclical depression.. Usually melt down about every 3 years. Yet while I used to cry over everything , recently I could care less.Insomnia( it's 5:41 am here)Anxiety and mild social phobia. I had to quit my job of 10 years as a bartender and move, I'm practically a recluse compared to how I used to be.And finally, I'm just generally fatigued.I rarely have a really great day where I have the energy to do everything I need to and do it without pain.You may want to look in to hormone imbalance or estrogen dominance. http://www.johnleemd.com/store/estrogen_dom.html
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 7, 2009
    • 07:28 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement