Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Multi-symptom physical disaster

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • October 11, 2009
  • 08:57 AM

I've used this website for information off and on for a year before being able to see a doctor willing to let me pay cash. Well, a dozen visits later and I'm no better off than I was before.. My list of symptoms is long and so far the only thing I've been treated for is depression and all that's managed to do is convince me that while I may be a bit emotional, it's mostly hormonal and the medication made me completely devoid of any emotion, slow to react and unable to do much more than stare at the wall. I was also a mammogram and sonogram on my breasts but was unable to get a diagnosis and was told to get another mammogram.. Finally, my thyroid was tested and the results came back, OK, according to the doctor.

In my own search for answers, I've come up with everything from cancer to a pituitary tumor to thyroid disease.

In any case, I'm pretty much at wit's end and I don't feel the that doctors I'm seeing is able to heal me. In fact, I am beginning to feel as though the medical profession overlooks the whole person and merely focuses on the first thing you complain about when you walk in the door. I cried the first time I saw the doctor so I guess she assumed I was depressed.. After she put me on pills I had a serious bout of galactorhea(sic) and bleeding so I spent the next few weeks trying to get a mammogram in this one horse town only to find nothing appears to be wrong.

It's rediculous...I'm 34 years old and I'm falling apart.. I'm not a pill popping hypochondriac and something is most certainly WRONG with me.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement