Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Many problems: Digestion, Fatigue, Sleep, Joints, Muscles...help! At wits end! :-(

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 13 Replies
  • Posted By: kiwisoup
  • September 18, 2009
  • 04:46 AM

As soon as I turned 20 (3 years ago), seemed that all sorts of problems started to happen. Help! I'm uninsured but have seen a doctor who didn't seem to have any idea, his best guesses were Lyme disease and Rheumatoid arthritis, which I think are way off base. Everyone I've asked has told me something different: CFS, Ciliac, Fibromialgia...list goes on. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do here :(. It seems that malnutrition/malabsorption could be a likely culprit to affect such a wide range of symptoms and I was recently trying a gluten-free diet because I thought it may be celiac disease, but I've been on the diet for over 2 weeks and notice very little, if any difference. My diet isn't a the best diet ever, but I wouldn't call it a bad diet by any means.

-Chronic Fatigue: Always feel like I'm dragging myself around. Very tired all the time, physically and emotionally.

-Sleep Problems: Unrefreshing sleep: weather I sleep 2 hours or 12, I never feel refreshed. I have to force myself out of bed or I will just keep sleeping all day. I've also started to snore and sleep with my mouth open which I don't believe I did before.

-Joint and Muscle Problems: Muscles feel weak, fatigued, tender and achy, especially in knees, but not painful. Applying pressure at joints causes burning sensation as if many reps on a weight machine were just done. Knees feel and appear swollen when on feet for extended amount of time, even once culminating with liquid in my knees.

-Digestion Problems: Constant feeling of fullness and bloating. Mixed up sense of hunger, such as being hungry when I'm full and full when I should be hungry. Very gassy; I feel like a muffler at times! Infrequent movements (2-3 times a week!) Distended stomach, which is very unusual for me, I've never been even slightly overweight. Floating stoole. Spicy food causes very intense heartburn, constant feeling of fullness. I believe I had food poisoning about a year ago and threw up black coffee-ground like blood.

Mental: Very bad memory and drastically increased ADD, it's really affecting my work! Lacking motivation or interest to do normal everyday activities that I used to do or enjoy to do.

-Other: All lymph nodes swollen. Lots of phlegh in throat, especially in the morning or after having dairy.

-Skin: Although starting about 6 years ago (much earlier than other symptoms) I seem to have developed an allergy to some soaps, shampoos, oxyclean, etc...they cause small pimple like blisters on my body, between fingers and toes and scalp especially. Body breakouts have been avoided for a long time due to avoiding known triggering brands, but I still always have a few blisters on my scalp. They are very itchy and painful. May not have a relation to other symptoms, but figured I should share just in case. More recently however (past year), I've started getting what appears to be cystic acne on my face, very deep, large, long-lasting pimples.

Reply Flag this Discussion

13 Replies:

• Hi,it could be cfids or fms but it might have a simpler explanation of adrenal insufficiency. You can get this checked with a cortisol blood test although the gold standard is an acth stimulation test which measures your cortisol reserves. If these are low you can get all sorts of problems like food sensitivities, joint problems, fatigue etc. Might be worth checking. Good luck, Tim.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 18, 2009
    • 09:49 AM
    Flag this Response
  • As soon as I turned 20 (3 years ago), seemed that all sorts of problems started to happen. Help! I'm uninsured but have seen a doctor who didn't seem to have any idea, his best guesses were Lyme disease and Rheumatoid arthritis, which I think are way off base. Everyone I've asked has told me something different: CFS, Ciliac, Fibromialgia...list goes on. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do here :(. It seems that malnutrition/malabsorption could be a likely culprit to affect such a wide range of symptoms and I was recently trying a gluten-free diet because I thought it may be celiac disease, but I've been on the diet for over 2 weeks and notice very little, if any difference. My diet isn't a the best diet ever, but I wouldn't call it a bad diet by any means.-Chronic Fatigue: Always feel like I'm dragging myself around. Very tired all the time, physically and emotionally.-Sleep Problems: Unrefreshing sleep: weather I sleep 2 hours or 12, I never feel refreshed. I have to force myself out of bed or I will just keep sleeping all day. I've also started to snore and sleep with my mouth open which I don't believe I did before.-Joint and Muscle Problems: Muscles feel weak, fatigued, tender and achy, especially in knees, but not painful. Applying pressure at joints causes burning sensation as if many reps on a weight machine were just done. Knees feel and appear swollen when on feet for extended amount of time, even once culminating with liquid in my knees.-Digestion Problems: Constant feeling of fullness and bloating. Mixed up sense of hunger, such as being hungry when I'm full and full when I should be hungry. Very gassy; I feel like a muffler at times! Infrequent movements (2-3 times a week!) Distended stomach, which is very unusual for me, I've never been even slightly overweight. Floating stoole. Spicy food causes very intense heartburn, constant feeling of fullness. I believe I had food poisoning about a year ago and threw up black coffee-ground like blood.Mental: Very bad memory and drastically increased ADD, it's really affecting my work! Lacking motivation or interest to do normal everyday activities that I used to do or enjoy to do.-Other: All lymph nodes swollen. Lots of phlegh in throat, especially in the morning or after having dairy. -Skin: Although starting about 6 years ago (much earlier than other symptoms) I seem to have developed an allergy to some soaps, shampoos, oxyclean, etc...they cause small pimple like blisters on my body, between fingers and toes and scalp especially. Body breakouts have been avoided for a long time due to avoiding known triggering brands, but I still always have a few blisters on my scalp. They are very itchy and painful. May not have a relation to other symptoms, but figured I should share just in case. More recently however (past year), I've started getting what appears to be cystic acne on my face, very deep, large, long-lasting pimples. have you checked into mold allergies ?? That's what it sounds like to me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 22, 2009
    • 01:50 AM
    Flag this Response
  • It sounds very much like Morgellons Disease to me. Not everyone gets the fibers.http://www.morgellons-disease-research.com/Morgellons-Message-Board/
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 22, 2009
    • 03:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Please read: http://www.mold-survivor.com/symptoms.htmlAs soon as I turned 20 (3 years ago), seemed that all sorts of problems started to happen. Help! I'm uninsured but have seen a doctor who didn't seem to have any idea, his best guesses were Lyme disease and Rheumatoid arthritis, which I think are way off base. Everyone I've asked has told me something different: CFS, Ciliac, Fibromialgia...list goes on. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do here :(. It seems that malnutrition/malabsorption could be a likely culprit to affect such a wide range of symptoms and I was recently trying a gluten-free diet because I thought it may be celiac disease, but I've been on the diet for over 2 weeks and notice very little, if any difference. My diet isn't a the best diet ever, but I wouldn't call it a bad diet by any means.-Chronic Fatigue: Always feel like I'm dragging myself around. Very tired all the time, physically and emotionally.-Sleep Problems: Unrefreshing sleep: weather I sleep 2 hours or 12, I never feel refreshed. I have to force myself out of bed or I will just keep sleeping all day. I've also started to snore and sleep with my mouth open which I don't believe I did before.-Joint and Muscle Problems: Muscles feel weak, fatigued, tender and achy, especially in knees, but not painful. Applying pressure at joints causes burning sensation as if many reps on a weight machine were just done. Knees feel and appear swollen when on feet for extended amount of time, even once culminating with liquid in my knees.-Digestion Problems: Constant feeling of fullness and bloating. Mixed up sense of hunger, such as being hungry when I'm full and full when I should be hungry. Very gassy; I feel like a muffler at times! Infrequent movements (2-3 times a week!) Distended stomach, which is very unusual for me, I've never been even slightly overweight. Floating stoole. Spicy food causes very intense heartburn, constant feeling of fullness. I believe I had food poisoning about a year ago and threw up black coffee-ground like blood.Mental: Very bad memory and drastically increased ADD, it's really affecting my work! Lacking motivation or interest to do normal everyday activities that I used to do or enjoy to do.-Other: All lymph nodes swollen. Lots of phlegh in throat, especially in the morning or after having dairy. -Skin: Although starting about 6 years ago (much earlier than other symptoms) I seem to have developed an allergy to some soaps, shampoos, oxyclean, etc...they cause small pimple like blisters on my body, between fingers and toes and scalp especially. Body breakouts have been avoided for a long time due to avoiding known triggering brands, but I still always have a few blisters on my scalp. They are very itchy and painful. May not have a relation to other symptoms, but figured I should share just in case. More recently however (past year), I've started getting what appears to be cystic acne on my face, very deep, large, long-lasting pimples.
    Chevy2413 12 Replies
    • September 23, 2009
    • 02:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • http://www.mold-survivor.com/symptoms.htmlAs soon as I turned 20 (3 years ago), seemed that all sorts of problems started to happen. Help! I'm uninsured but have seen a doctor who didn't seem to have any idea, his best guesses were Lyme disease and Rheumatoid arthritis, which I think are way off base. Everyone I've asked has told me something different: CFS, Ciliac, Fibromialgia...list goes on. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do here :(. It seems that malnutrition/malabsorption could be a likely culprit to affect such a wide range of symptoms and I was recently trying a gluten-free diet because I thought it may be celiac disease, but I've been on the diet for over 2 weeks and notice very little, if any difference. My diet isn't a the best diet ever, but I wouldn't call it a bad diet by any means.-Chronic Fatigue: Always feel like I'm dragging myself around. Very tired all the time, physically and emotionally.-Sleep Problems: Unrefreshing sleep: weather I sleep 2 hours or 12, I never feel refreshed. I have to force myself out of bed or I will just keep sleeping all day. I've also started to snore and sleep with my mouth open which I don't believe I did before.-Joint and Muscle Problems: Muscles feel weak, fatigued, tender and achy, especially in knees, but not painful. Applying pressure at joints causes burning sensation as if many reps on a weight machine were just done. Knees feel and appear swollen when on feet for extended amount of time, even once culminating with liquid in my knees.-Digestion Problems: Constant feeling of fullness and bloating. Mixed up sense of hunger, such as being hungry when I'm full and full when I should be hungry. Very gassy; I feel like a muffler at times! Infrequent movements (2-3 times a week!) Distended stomach, which is very unusual for me, I've never been even slightly overweight. Floating stoole. Spicy food causes very intense heartburn, constant feeling of fullness. I believe I had food poisoning about a year ago and threw up black coffee-ground like blood.Mental: Very bad memory and drastically increased ADD, it's really affecting my work! Lacking motivation or interest to do normal everyday activities that I used to do or enjoy to do.-Other: All lymph nodes swollen. Lots of phlegh in throat, especially in the morning or after having dairy. -Skin: Although starting about 6 years ago (much earlier than other symptoms) I seem to have developed an allergy to some soaps, shampoos, oxyclean, etc...they cause small pimple like blisters on my body, between fingers and toes and scalp especially. Body breakouts have been avoided for a long time due to avoiding known triggering brands, but I still always have a few blisters on my scalp. They are very itchy and painful. May not have a relation to other symptoms, but figured I should share just in case. More recently however (past year), I've started getting what appears to be cystic acne on my face, very deep, large, long-lasting pimples.
    Chevy2413 12 Replies
    • September 23, 2009
    • 03:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Please try following :1. Borage or Evening primrose oil after food with a glass of water2. Eat 1-2 tspoons of ghee (available in indian stores)3. Have early dinner.4. Check with Ayurvedic consultant for your symptoms. Take some digestive formula (like Avi Pattikar choorna) with his consultation.All the best !Dips
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 30, 2009
    • 08:27 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i've had the same problem, according to my doctor enzyme nutrition has something to do with my digestion problems and overall health, was lacking digestive enzyme specifically.. he prescribed a source of digestive enzyme called digestazyme and also was advised to undergo detox diet. It did work for me.As soon as I turned 20 (3 years ago), seemed that all sorts of problems started to happen. Help! I'm uninsured but have seen a doctor who didn't seem to have any idea, his best guesses were Lyme disease and Rheumatoid arthritis, which I think are way off base. Everyone I've asked has told me something different: CFS, Ciliac, Fibromialgia...list goes on. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do here :(. It seems that malnutrition/malabsorption could be a likely culprit to affect such a wide range of symptoms and I was recently trying a gluten-free diet because I thought it may be celiac disease, but I've been on the diet for over 2 weeks and notice very little, if any difference. My diet isn't a the best diet ever, but I wouldn't call it a bad diet by any means.-Chronic Fatigue: Always feel like I'm dragging myself around. Very tired all the time, physically and emotionally.-Sleep Problems: Unrefreshing sleep: weather I sleep 2 hours or 12, I never feel refreshed. I have to force myself out of bed or I will just keep sleeping all day. I've also started to snore and sleep with my mouth open which I don't believe I did before.-Joint and Muscle Problems: Muscles feel weak, fatigued, tender and achy, especially in knees, but not painful. Applying pressure at joints causes burning sensation as if many reps on a weight machine were just done. Knees feel and appear swollen when on feet for extended amount of time, even once culminating with liquid in my knees.-Digestion Problems: Constant feeling of fullness and bloating. Mixed up sense of hunger, such as being hungry when I'm full and full when I should be hungry. Very gassy; I feel like a muffler at times! Infrequent movements (2-3 times a week!) Distended stomach, which is very unusual for me, I've never been even slightly overweight. Floating stoole. Spicy food causes very intense heartburn, constant feeling of fullness. I believe I had food poisoning about a year ago and threw up black coffee-ground like blood.Mental: Very bad memory and drastically increased ADD, it's really affecting my work! Lacking motivation or interest to do normal everyday activities that I used to do or enjoy to do.-Other: All lymph nodes swollen. Lots of phlegh in throat, especially in the morning or after having dairy. -Skin: Although starting about 6 years ago (much earlier than other symptoms) I seem to have developed an allergy to some soaps, shampoos, oxyclean, etc...they cause small pimple like blisters on my body, between fingers and toes and scalp especially. Body breakouts have been avoided for a long time due to avoiding known triggering brands, but I still always have a few blisters on my scalp. They are very itchy and painful. May not have a relation to other symptoms, but figured I should share just in case. More recently however (past year), I've started getting what appears to be cystic acne on my face, very deep, large, long-lasting pimples.
    DigestionProblems 2 Replies
    • February 19, 2010
    • 00:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • As soon as I turned 20 (3 years ago), seemed that all sorts of problems started to happen. Help! I'm uninsured but have seen a doctor who didn't seem to have any idea, his best guesses were Lyme disease and Rheumatoid arthritis, which I think are way off base. Everyone I've asked has told me something different: CFS, Ciliac, Fibromialgia...list goes on. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do here :(. It seems that malnutrition/malabsorption could be a likely culprit to affect such a wide range of symptoms and I was recently trying a gluten-free diet because I thought it may be celiac disease, but I've been on the diet for over 2 weeks and notice very little, if any difference. My diet isn't a the best diet ever, but I wouldn't call it a bad diet by any means.-Chronic Fatigue: Always feel like I'm dragging myself around. Very tired all the time, physically and emotionally.-Sleep Problems: Unrefreshing sleep: weather I sleep 2 hours or 12, I never feel refreshed. I have to force myself out of bed or I will just keep sleeping all day. I've also started to snore and sleep with my mouth open which I don't believe I did before.-Joint and Muscle Problems: Muscles feel weak, fatigued, tender and achy, especially in knees, but not painful. Applying pressure at joints causes burning sensation as if many reps on a weight machine were just done. Knees feel and appear swollen when on feet for extended amount of time, even once culminating with liquid in my knees.-Digestion Problems: Constant feeling of fullness and bloating. Mixed up sense of hunger, such as being hungry when I'm full and full when I should be hungry. Very gassy; I feel like a muffler at times! Infrequent movements (2-3 times a week!) Distended stomach, which is very unusual for me, I've never been even slightly overweight. Floating stoole. Spicy food causes very intense heartburn, constant feeling of fullness. I believe I had food poisoning about a year ago and threw up black coffee-ground like blood.Mental: Very bad memory and drastically increased ADD, it's really affecting my work! Lacking motivation or interest to do normal everyday activities that I used to do or enjoy to do.-Other: All lymph nodes swollen. Lots of phlegh in throat, especially in the morning or after having dairy. -Skin: Although starting about 6 years ago (much earlier than other symptoms) I seem to have developed an allergy to some soaps, shampoos, oxyclean, etc...they cause small pimple like blisters on my body, between fingers and toes and scalp especially. Body breakouts have been avoided for a long time due to avoiding known triggering brands, but I still always have a few blisters on my scalp. They are very itchy and painful. May not have a relation to other symptoms, but figured I should share just in case. More recently however (past year), I've started getting what appears to be cystic acne on my face, very deep, large, long-lasting pimples.Hi, I am a kiwi too and am going through EXACTLY the same thing as you are. I hope we can work together on this and help each other out on a solution. My email is vynil_junkey@hotmail.com, if you contact me I can help you out as I have been through various doctors and done tons of research. My symptoms are; intense fatigue and weakness, anxiety, nausea, sleep disturbances, loose stools, mood swings, irritable, brain fog and general loss of motivation and interest. Your case to me sounds like a classic thyroid condition (hypothyroid). you must get this checked out. When you go your GP request a FULL thyroid panel (TSH, T3, T4 and thyroid antibodies). My tests all check out fine, to my dismay. other things I would look into are:-heavy metal poisoning (ie: mercury, could be from mercury fillings.)-candida overload -b12 deficiency -hypoglycemia (ie: diabetes)-addisons/adrenal/hormonal imbalaceBlood tests revealed I have low DHEA, to that similar of a 50 year old male (I am 24!). The blood test also revealed possible adrenal hypofunction. A saliva test showed low testosterone. My GP has refered me to an endocronologist through which I can hopefully find some answers, but I think supplementing with DHEA will do me a world of good.there are other possibilities also, but email me if you want to discuss further.
    freeryd3r 11 Replies
    • February 19, 2010
    • 02:08 AM
    Flag this Response
  • i've had the same problem, according to my doctor enzyme nutrition has something to do with my digestion problems and overall health, was lacking digestive enzyme specifically.. he prescribed a source of digestive enzyme called digestazyme and also was advised to undergo detox diet. It did work for me.Hi Kiwi22, Boy its so nice to see someone with very similar complaints the muscel aches, fatique, digestive problems,Servealy drepressed lack of movement on one side of my body, neck shoulders left arm and hand and left leg which wont work properly this all just happened overnight several years ago and still trying to get digonised properly.I ve done alot of research on my conditions and finally perswayed my Dr to give me some Dopmine which is used for Parkinsons, she was reluctaint but did ive been on the plus other pain medis for awhile and noticed a hugh change.But a few weeks ago i took myself of them because i didnt want to get her into trouble,well didnt i fall back in a heap bad,bad move started them again yesterday starting to fel a little better heres hoping but dont give up.Ask them to look into Dystoina alot of illness comes in different forms of Dystonia.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 20, 2010
    • 02:00 AM
    Flag this Response
  • please read: http://www.thedoctorwithin.com/products/enzymes/Enzymes-Read-More/Hi Kiwi22, Boy its so nice to see someone with very similar complaints the muscel aches, fatique, digestive problems,Servealy drepressed lack of movement on one side of my body, neck shoulders left arm and hand and left leg which wont work properly this all just happened overnight several years ago and still trying to get digonised properly.I ve done alot of research on my conditions and finally perswayed my Dr to give me some Dopmine which is used for Parkinsons, she was reluctaint but did ive been on the plus other pain medis for awhile and noticed a hugh change.But a few weeks ago i took myself of them because i didnt want to get her into trouble,well didnt i fall back in a heap bad,bad move started them again yesterday starting to fel a little better heres hoping but dont give up.Ask them to look into Dystoina alot of illness comes in different forms of Dystonia.
    DigestionProblems 2 Replies
    • February 20, 2010
    • 04:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • you sound exactly like me.i'm 16 years old, and just in November I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis, Sacriolitis, and Fibromyalgia.you sound like you have Fibromyalgia.all of your symptoms, and i mean ALL of them sound exactly like something that happens with Fibromyalgia. go to a specialist, and give him this list of symptoms you wrote on here. get the pressure point test done, get on a medication to help, and move on with your life. Fibromyalgia can take over you, trust me, and you dont want to let it get to that point.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 21, 2010
    • 09:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I'm having a lot of similar issues: Poor digestion (multi-colored stools, basically colors of food rather than normal brown), tightness in chest and throat, sore muscles in shoulders and neck, white coated tongue. All my issues started after taking strong antibiotics.I believe a lot of our issues have to do with Candida, or yeast overgrowth. It can cause lots of seemingly unrelated symptoms. The condition can be improved but it takes a lot of determination. You need to follow a strict anti-Candida diet (meat and vegetables, no carbs or sugars) and you can use anti-fungals and probiotics like Kefir (see how to make it yourself on youtube) to promote a healthier environment in your intestines for good bacteria. Candida is normal part of your body ecosystem, but when your immune system is down from poor diet, stress or antibiotics than it becomes a fungus and grows out of control, causing symptoms.Just something I think everyone should consider.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 25, 2010
    • 00:44 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I share a lot of these symptoms and, also being uninsured, am a bit at the end of my rope to figure it out. Chronic heartburninflammed, flakey skinsteadily increasing food sensitivity (really bad inflammation response to dairy when I've never responded to dairy before)joint soreness/stiffnessfatiguesporadic sense of hungerconstant stuffed up sinusesIt seems like I'm having an inflammation response, but I can't figure out the primary cause/trigger to act on. I just generally feel like I'm falling apart. It started in my mid-twenties and now that I'm in my early thirties it's just continuing to progress with limited periods of slight improvement. I've tried dietary enzymes, vitamin supplements, dietary changes, exercise, and about anything I can come across on the internet. The only thing that seemed to have any impact was a severely restrictive diet of no dairy, no red meat, no sugar, no caffeine, and no alcohol - but that was remarkably hard to stick to with a family and multiple jobs (which involve social gatherings and such).this thread has a couple great leads though, so I have something to look into. now. Thank you to Kiwisoup for starting it :)
    bert.harvey 1 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement