Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

physical causes of anxiety

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: freeryd3r
  • September 1, 2009
  • 00:48 AM

Hi I suffer from servere anxiety attacks everyday. It is really weird because I do not suffer from depression. I am in the middle of trying to find out what is the root cause of it, so could anybody tell me what external or physical factors cause anxiety attacks? I definately know it is not it "all in my head" because one minute I am fine the next minute I have an attack, it is so frustrating and really interfering with my life. Please help me.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Hi I suffer from servere anxiety attacks everyday. It is really weird because I do not suffer from depression. I am in the middle of trying to find out what is the root cause of it, so could anybody tell me what external or physical factors cause anxiety attacks? I definately know it is not it "all in my head" because one minute I am fine the next minute I have an attack, it is so frustrating and really interfering with my life. Please help me.If you havent had a recent physical or blood work done I would start there. It could be as simple as your sodium levels are off. Also look at what things surround the triggers. It might be helpful to talk with someone too.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 1, 2009
    • 00:53 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I too suffered from similar symptoms and was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I spent almost a year in therapy with no breakthru. My family doctor started me on Paxil a medication that was first thought to work on mild depression but later was found to work best for anxiety issues. I have been taking it for almost eight years now and (knock on wood) have not had any further attacks. Good luck!Hi I suffer from servere anxiety attacks everyday. It is really weird because I do not suffer from depression. I am in the middle of trying to find out what is the root cause of it, so could anybody tell me what external or physical factors cause anxiety attacks? I definately know it is not it "all in my head" because one minute I am fine the next minute I have an attack, it is so frustrating and really interfering with my life. Please help me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 1, 2009
    • 01:51 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement