Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Panic Attacks? Anxiety? Help!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: lowquat
  • August 19, 2009
  • 11:54 PM

I am a teenage male and have had mild dizziness/lightheadedness for about 2 months now. It sort of feels like I'm on a boat, sometimes it feels like the floor is going up and down or I am going to fall backwards if I am sitting down. I went to the doctor and had a general look over, blood tests, and chest X-rays done (I had tightness/tingling in my chest). Everything came back negative for anything abnormal. I don't have heart trouble, don't have anemia, don't have lung problems, lymes disease, etc...yet I have this feeling of not being quite right in my head. Sometimes I think that I might have a brain tumor/brain cyst/something seriously wrong with me...but I have been able to think straight and do things like drive and speak and hold conversations...etc...so I sort of doubt this...but it scares me and makes me feel even worse. I haven't had an MRI or CAT scan. Is this all in my head? Is it all psychological? Does this sound like anxiety issues or panic attack symptoms? If so, should I see a therapist? I have no previous mental problems or major health problems that I am aware of. I just graduated from school, so I think that might be part of it. Also, I tried marijuana once around the time this all started, and this caused me major paranoia and panicking...so could that bad experience triggered my symptoms? I don't plan on doing it, or anything like it, again (in no way am I a pot head, it was one time). Everyone tells me to stop thinking about my symptoms, that they'll just go away, but it's been 2 months and it's very difficult to stop focusing on them! Please help! This is scaring me. Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement