Discussions By Condition: Obesessive Compulsive Disorder

OCD and marajuana

Posted In: Obesessive Compulsive Disorder 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 15, 2009
  • 05:11 PM

Hello

I'm 22 and have OCD since i was very young, about 12 or 13. I've recently been able to get through and overcome a lot of my phobias which is great. However when i first started university i used some marajuana and had a terrible experience (my OCD was quite bad at the time). I had been smoking it for a while and it had been ok, just normal feeling spaced out and then getting the munchies, but then i began to get paranoid. I kept imagining scenarios and then wondering if i they were real or not even though id just imagined them. Then was the worst time. The last time i smoked i suddenly felt completely out of control. Like i wasnt in control of my own body and that i might go off and do anything that i didnt want to do. I was so afraid. And ever since then ive had some serious paranoia problems and problems with my identity have surfaced a lot. Like lots of feelings of not really knowing who i am anymore, or having a sense of myself or how i come across to other people. A lot of the time i dont have a clue whats wrong with me i just feel that there is something wrong with the way my mind works. Im worried that im gonna keep going through life feeling so disconnected and confused and wonder if i will ever have any closure. I also get anxious a lot of the time, and feel like i dont know how to live my own life anymore. Its really odd and worrying

Basically i dont know what has happened to me, but im wondering if what has happened to me is the most likely the ongoing product of mixing drugs and OCD?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement