Discussions By Condition: Obesessive Compulsive Disorder

OCD and marajuana

Posted In: Obesessive Compulsive Disorder 6 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • August 15, 2009
  • 05:11 PM

Hello

I'm 22 and have OCD since i was very young, about 12 or 13. I've recently been able to get through and overcome a lot of my phobias which is great. However when i first started university i used some marajuana and had a terrible experience (my OCD was quite bad at the time). I had been smoking it for a while and it had been ok, just normal feeling spaced out and then getting the munchies, but then i began to get paranoid. I kept imagining scenarios and then wondering if i they were real or not even though id just imagined them. Then was the worst time. The last time i smoked i suddenly felt completely out of control. Like i wasnt in control of my own body and that i might go off and do anything that i didnt want to do. I was so afraid. And ever since then ive had some serious paranoia problems and problems with my identity have surfaced a lot. Like lots of feelings of not really knowing who i am anymore, or having a sense of myself or how i come across to other people. A lot of the time i dont have a clue whats wrong with me i just feel that there is something wrong with the way my mind works. Im worried that im gonna keep going through life feeling so disconnected and confused and wonder if i will ever have any closure. I also get anxious a lot of the time, and feel like i dont know how to live my own life anymore. Its really odd and worrying

Basically i dont know what has happened to me, but im wondering if what has happened to me is the most likely the ongoing product of mixing drugs and OCD?

Reply Flag this Discussion

6 Replies:

• Hey man. I've never been diagnosed with OCD, but I do have major anxiety and attention issues and I believe I have a lot of OCD symptoms. I've been smoking weed for almost ten years, and I've done pretty much every drug under the sun. I will tell you that ALL have made and will make these type of nervous symptoms worse. The thing about pot is that to a person like me it seems to calm me down at first. As the years go on, the paranoia becomes worse and worse in general creating more anxiety so you try and smoke more pot to calm you down but people don't realize that it ends up making your whole problem worse in the end. Trust me man, all those feelings you've had are completely normal to a person who has a nervous condition like OCD and smokes weed. I have experienced them all at one time or another and still do quite frequently and I've been smoking it ten years. Do yourself a favor man and just don't smoke weed, it only makes the condition worse.
    HerballyMedicated 28 Replies
    • October 18, 2009
    • 03:56 PM
    Flag this Response
  • HelloI'm 22 and have OCD since i was very young, about 12 or 13. I've recently been able to get through and overcome a lot of my phobias which is great. However when i first started university i used some marajuana and had a terrible experience (my OCD was quite bad at the time). I had been smoking it for a while and it had been ok, just normal feeling spaced out and then getting the munchies, but then i began to get paranoid. I kept imagining scenarios and then wondering if i they were real or not even though id just imagined them. Then was the worst time. The last time i smoked i suddenly felt completely out of control. Like i wasnt in control of my own body and that i might go off and do anything that i didnt want to do. I was so afraid. And ever since then ive had some serious paranoia problems and problems with my identity have surfaced a lot. Like lots of feelings of not really knowing who i am anymore, or having a sense of myself or how i come across to other people. A lot of the time i dont have a clue whats wrong with me i just feel that there is something wrong with the way my mind works. Im worried that im gonna keep going through life feeling so disconnected and confused and wonder if i will ever have any closure. I also get anxious a lot of the time, and feel like i dont know how to live my own life anymore. Its really odd and worryingBasically i dont know what has happened to me, but im wondering if what has happened to me is the most likely the ongoing product of mixing drugs and OCD?I'm going to be 50 years old next spin of the sun and i've smoked lots of weed in my time. I've come to realize that a person has to own their own feeling and limitations. I'm diagnosed bipolar and have a general anxiety disorder. I just can't smoke pot, it instantly makes me paranoid where once it relaxed me, people don't understand it and want to say i shouldn't and i won't argue with them were all different Don't give in to peer pressure my friend, if you dont stand for something, you will fall for any or everything. People at almost 50 all the time say hey dude wanna get stoned? I just say no thanks it's not my thing. Going into a lenghty explanation is just not nessecary, they can take it or leave it. Do yourself a huge favor, if it bothers you emotionally like me just don't indulge.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 31, 2010
    • 05:58 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Dude, many of us who tried pot have the same issues. If pot makes you nervous and paranoid, stop smoking pot! why do it if it's not enjoyable?to this day, if I smoke, I have to be COMPLETELY alone. I can enjoy it if I'm out on a hike or in my studio playing music. But if I have to engage with people, it freaks me out.so basically, I quit doing it. it just got to the point it wasn't fun anymore.anyone who tries to tell you that pot is harmless and won't do anything negative to you is WRONG.It also can suck your ambition right out of you. So, all things considered, what do you get out of it? Not much. Drink a beer, do what you enjoy, and stay away from anyting that weirds you out.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • All I Can say is WOW!!! You have stunned me with the amount a valuable reading here
    peleperezxx 86 Replies Flag this Response
  • All I Can say is WOW!!! You have stunned me with the amount a valuable reading here
    peleperezxx 86 Replies Flag this Response
  • well the effects of marijuana are not worth the pleasure in my opinion - look what happens to spiders when they are on pot - weird as ***l!http://www.trinity.edu/jdunn/spiderdrugs.htmmy advice is to not do it, like the posted above said have a beer or two instead if u need something ;)
    jimbayes 10 Replies
    • August 17, 2011
    • 07:36 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement