Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

diagnosis keeps changing. confused!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 25, 2006
  • 11:14 PM

After having a panic attack and going to an emergency room.. My diagnosis of what's wrong changed a few times. The problem started as lightheadedness and a general agoraphobia to going in any areas like the place I had a panic attack in, or going to any farther away areas. At first the panic attack was guessed to be cause by dehydration, which was ruled out by a blood test. Then the next diagnosis was anxiety. Upon seeing a psychologist a few times, I don't think it's that either. After that, I went to an MD who said I have a slightly underactive thyroid. Next, I thought maybe the dizziness had something to do with noises and vibrations, so I went to an ear doctor. So right now, I'm thinking that maybe I'm anemic? I'm pretty pale to begin with, but it's tough to say since dizziness could go with so many different problems. And I'm not sure if it's just because it's winter, but my hands are cold almost all the time, and if I go from a sitting to standing position, sometimes my eyes will black out for a few seconds, so maybe it has something to do with circulation. If I knew, I wouldn't be asking, right?

While I already posted another long story about all my symptoms and complaints; when the MD did a blood test, he might have asked if I was anemic to which I probably responded 'no', because as far as I know, I'm not. I'm not sure of too much about anemia or the different types aside from iron-deficiency, but would something like that have been seen in a blood test if it wasn't necessarily being looked for?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• And also, I guess I feel bad for complaining about 5 months of dealing with this as compared to the people on here putting up with things that are a lot worse for over four years.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 26, 2006
    • 03:14 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement