Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Drank Antifreeze

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 25, 2006
  • 08:34 AM

I drank some antifreeze around this time last year. No crystals formed in my kidneys.

Years earlier i had a hernia repair. I've always had problems in that area. problem increased after suicide attempt.

After drinking the antifreeze, i have frequent urination and pain in groin area where i had kidney repair. Doctor said 6 mos after drinking antifreeze that i had borderline high creatinine levels.

She gave me Potassium Chloride. With the first pill, my symptoms disappeared. I have no idea why she gave me the medicine. She never said. She just called me and asked me to pick it up. I went on vacation and ended up not taking the medication regularly. When i came back home, symptoms start to reappear. Taking the pills regularly only helps a little not as much as before.

Oh, i also have been having "Frequent" urination problems. It is more frequent in that i used to go to work and would notice that i only urinated once or twice in the 8-hr period. Sometimes i never had to go during that period. Now i have to go may 3 times depending on the day or more. I also can't sleep a full night without having to run to the rest room with afull bladder. THese symptoms disappeared with medicine. But medicine is less and less effective. Medicine reduced my waking up to run to the bathroom in the middle of the night. it had almost disappeared. Life seemed normal with rare exceptions.

I've been looking online to find out what Potassium Chloride does. Why would symptoms disappear and them come back? Someone told me that the kidneys can heal or repair themselves. Is this true or can i only expect things to stay the same and get worse?

How can i find out more information as to what is happening to my body? I'm 28 and i used to be in good health. This is the only problem i'm having.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Sorry about your problem. I would ask my doctor for a referral to a urologist. They deal with kidney problems. Did your doctor refer you for councelling for your suicide attempt? Please take care of yourself.
    untalkative bunny 1 Replies
    • December 27, 2006
    • 02:41 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement