Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Autism and epilepsy

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: bronconut
  • July 29, 2009
  • 10:39 PM

I had my first grand mal 12 years ago but was having petit mals about 2 years previous to the grand mal. I started smoking marijuana while on a seizure medication, the grand mals quit, but the petit mals continued. 5 years ago I took a job where I could no longer smoke, the petit mals have quit but now I am having grand mals again. Over the last two years they have happened like clockwork in january, march, and just recently last week, all about the same time frames, usually while I am sleeping. I have deja vu spells at least 10 times a day and I am currently getting ready to switch medications again, hopefully gonna get pure THC prescribed as well. Something has been pushing me to look for causes of seizures and something popped up about epilepsy and autism. Autistic seizures are very very hard to control apparently and so over the last couple of days I have been doing alot of research on the matter. Not only do I have epilepsy but several other factors such as asthma, allergies, food allergies and sensitivities, a lot of sleep problems as well as most of the social disfunctinoalities autistic individuals posess. Could this be a factor in this?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement