Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

Wrong Words

Posted In: Medical Stories 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Mary100753
  • July 18, 2009
  • 11:46 PM

I am a 55 year old female in good health. It seems that increasingly more often I am using the wrong word in a sentence. It used to be an uncommon annoyance but now it is becoming noticeable to my family and it concerns me. For example, I will mean to say the word "vitamin" and the word "valentine" pops out instead or the word "camera" comes out instead of "calendar". The other day, I asked my grandson if he liked his "root beer" and it came out "roast beef". Everyone gets a chuckle when I do this but since I don't know when one of these words is going to jump out of my mouth, I am afraid it will happen at work and I am a postal carrier and I interface with the public a lot. The weird thing is that the word I say always has the proper first letter. I don't get it. Does anyone know what could cause this? Thanks for reading.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Electro Hypersensitivity is an interesting idea to explain my symptoms. It's definitely better than the ideas of early Alzheimer's Disease that I was imagining. I will be sure and mention this to my physician when I go in for my appointment. Thank you for your reply.
    Mary100753 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • Many patients receiving renal allografts become identified simplyas recipients of kidney transplantation. All subsequent eventsinvolving changes in renal function are attributed to theprocess and natural history of transplantation itself: acute and chronicrejection, immunosuppressive drug nephrotoxicity, graft vasculaturethrombosis or stenosis, ischemia, infection, and lymphoproliferativedisorders. http://www.thekidneystones.com/
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement