Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

serious or stress?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • July 4, 2009
  • 01:26 AM

I have had a 3 week history of R arm and R leg numbness/ burning pain. I have had the occasional feeling of clumsiness (but no real weakness). I have also been feeling like my neck is swollen and feeling like I have something stuck in my throat but can't swallow very well. I have had a loss of appetite and dry mouth. I have had difficulty sleeping. Doc gave me ambien, but still don't feel rested in the morning. I recently noticed a bunch of petechiae (small red spots) on my chest and neck. Doc said they are nothing to worry about. He ran a bunch of blood work and everything came back normal. I am an otherwise healthy 31 year old. Doc is just chalking this all up to stress ( my husband was recently laid off and is now working nights so we hardly ever see each other...and we have a toddler). I get no relief from these symptoms and just find it hard to believe that all of this stuff is just related to stress. How do I know that this isn't something more serious?

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement