Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Help!! Doctor's don't want to help!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 22, 2006
  • 05:10 AM

I fell in June or July of 2006. I then started getting leg weakness. I went to my primary care doctor. He said it was all in my head. As the months passed I started getting worse. I ended up using a walker for about a month, then I couldn't walk. Now, I am in a wheel chair. I have been to a neurologist, he said neuropathy. He ordered a CT scan, I have disks that are protruding causing a nerve a nerve to be pinched. I went to a surgeon he said he can't do anything. Now back to the primary care he sent me back to the neurologist. I told him all my symptoms and he said he would refer one thing at a time, so he is making me wait for a second opinion to another surgeon. I now have complete incontinence. What should I do what do I have, they can't seem to figure it out or is it because they don't want to? My symptoms are: can't walk due to leg weakness, urinary incontinence.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• If you didn't have complete incontinence before, that could be a very serious problem resulting from your hernaited disc. I worked in a neurosurgeon's office at one time. The one thing that I remember was a true emergency was people who lost bowel or bladder control who had disc problems. I would go to the ER ASAP!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 22, 2006
    • 04:20 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement