Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Help!! Doctor's don't want to help!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 22, 2006
  • 05:10 AM

I fell in June or July of 2006. I then started getting leg weakness. I went to my primary care doctor. He said it was all in my head. As the months passed I started getting worse. I ended up using a walker for about a month, then I couldn't walk. Now, I am in a wheel chair. I have been to a neurologist, he said neuropathy. He ordered a CT scan, I have disks that are protruding causing a nerve a nerve to be pinched. I went to a surgeon he said he can't do anything. Now back to the primary care he sent me back to the neurologist. I told him all my symptoms and he said he would refer one thing at a time, so he is making me wait for a second opinion to another surgeon. I now have complete incontinence. What should I do what do I have, they can't seem to figure it out or is it because they don't want to? My symptoms are: can't walk due to leg weakness, urinary incontinence.

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• If you didn't have complete incontinence before, that could be a very serious problem resulting from your hernaited disc. I worked in a neurosurgeon's office at one time. The one thing that I remember was a true emergency was people who lost bowel or bladder control who had disc problems. I would go to the ER ASAP!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 22, 2006
    • 04:20 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement