Discussions By Condition: Nose conditions

Cold????

Posted In: Nose conditions 8 Replies
  • Posted By: squirrelgp@myway.com
  • December 21, 2006
  • 04:01 PM

Would sure love to find out how you can tell the difference between a cold and sinusitis.... Anyone have a clue???:confused:

Reply Flag this Discussion

8 Replies:

• The common cold is a viral infection of the lining of the nose, sinuses, throat, and large airways. Symptoms of common cold include: sneezing, runny nose, mild fever, cough.Sinusitis is inflammation of the sinuses, most commonly caused by infection or allergy. Sinusitis usually results in pain, tenderness, and swelling over affected sinus.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 29, 2006
    • 02:38 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Thanks so much for your help...it is alway's so hard for me to tell the difference.
    squirrelgp@myway.com 2 Replies
    • December 29, 2006
    • 02:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Now, can anyone tell me why Dr's treat commom cold's with antibiotics if colds are viral infections????:confused:
    squirrelgp@myway.com 2 Replies
    • December 29, 2006
    • 02:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • :confused: Hey their ya know what? I've allways seen the relationship between doctors & antibiotics as if were a mariage. Most if not all physicians prescribe antibiotics for,, colds, coughs, tummy troubles, skin conditions & etc, etc, etc! Then when i read articals on the subject i find that a few select doctors realize the very real "Dangers" of said antibiotics.. When i think about it these compounds are on the same playing field as chemotherapy, destroying the healthy bacteria that allows the immune system to repair itself. So now a person has to invest time & money, on a quest to find detoxifying agents to reverse what the anti-killers have acomplished in your system! "Wow" that's a mouthful. And once more the big pharmacutical companys are laughing, all the way to the "Bank". Hardy Har Har Har! Thank You All For Allowing Me To Rant.
    hogndog 426 Replies
    • January 7, 2007
    • 04:26 AM
    Flag this Response
  • common cold very ofyen causes secondary infections which are bacterial,and thus responsive to antibiotics.if the infection drains back down the throat,which it must if the nose is blocked due to swelling of viral origin,the poisonous baterial product-sometimes called "muco-purulent discharge"-foul snot,in more blunt terms,usually ends up in the lungs.not all of it,but enough to cause irritation,and chronic cough.once the lungs have begun to react in this way,they tend to do so with increasing readiness at the slightest atmospheric irritant.it becomes a vicious circle of irritation,phlegm production,and disabling chronic cough.ultimately the lungs produce increasing quantities of phlegm,and they just wont stop.the sufferer drowns in his own snot,as the lungs fill with his increasingly infected fluids.the later stages of this process were generally known as "chronic bronchitis"until recently.now the term"chronic obstructive pulmonary disease"is more in favour.whatever you call it,it is incurable,and ultimately fatal.it is not an easy death.and it is very common.obviously,not all colds end up as c.o.p.d.,but they all predispose.this is why doctors often prescribe antibiotics for common cold.it is to prevent secondary infections becoming established.it is very fashionable to sneer at antibiotic use.we see an example of it above. i sometimes think that these glib,uninformed views have their origin in a jealous resentment of the real power of science to deliver reliable miracles that mitigate terrible suffering on a routine basis.they are opinions which in my experience,are very quickly forgotten and repudiated when the suffering comes close to home.but it is o.k. if others suffer,of course.twenty first century medicine has given us ten thousand verifiable miracles,we can see the results every day.leave the doctor to his judgement.it is probable that his opinion is more reliable than yours,and he is responsible for what he says and you are not.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 17, 2007
    • 07:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • :o Hi There; i'm reading your post & i assume that you have taken antibiotics, correct? If so it does'nt matter when or where, it's just that antibiotics are responsable for things such as candida & etc. There are a couple of ways to deal with it; natural & pharmicutical. For the natural i would say flax seed oil & turmeric, because i've used both with great results; flax seed is good for the mucus & the turmeric is a good cleansing agent for the immune system. On the other side of midnight you have; http://www.yeastinfectionresourse.com/ So have a look see & let me know if i'm even close; i prefer the natural approach. As Always, In His Service.;)
    hogndog 426 Replies
    • January 17, 2007
    • 08:46 PM
    Flag this Response
  • antibiotics are naturally occurring substances.in the form in which we take them ,theyare powdered moulds(tiny mushrooms).it just took us a long time to find them,thats all (though there is anecdotal evidence of camel riders using saddle moulds to treat saddle sores . i dont know how true that can be however,as moulds ,like other fungi tend not to flourish in desert conditions.i think a lot of trouble is caused by this natural/unnatural dichotomy.cancer is natural,for instance,while apple pie is not.(you could walk a long way before you find one occurring "naturally")which do you prefer?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 18, 2007
    • 10:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • ;) And A Very Good Morning To You! This morning i happened across an article on antibiotics, so i thought i'd share. Please understand when i say i'm not familiar with this subject, i'm just curious. Maybe look @ this & see what you think; http://www.healingcrow.com/antibiotics/antibiotics.html Hope i did that right; have a great day.:)
    hogndog 426 Replies
    • January 18, 2007
    • 11:45 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement