Discussions By Condition: Mental conditions

Please, help with sleep problem

Posted In: Mental conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Alextoss
  • December 21, 2006
  • 01:27 AM

How are you? I have a big problem. My uncle has felt a serious problem with his sleep recently. It seems that stresses of the last years have began to tell. I understand that it is better to consult in presence in such situations with a doctor. But he has no chance to do it at the present moment - he has work in the North. I have sent him melatonin not long ago. It has helped at first but doesnt work now. Even if he takes 10 mg. Please help if you can. May be anyone has come up against the situation?

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• It seems ridiculous at first thought but go with me here..... I have a lot of trouble sleeping and I found that many types of pills did not work..... I have found my "cure" though. I am not sure exactly what herbs are used but Celesetial Seasonings makes an herbal tea named Tension Tamer. I find that a cup of this before a "normal" bedtime helps me sleep peacefully unlike the medications I have taken (ambien, ambien cr, lunesta etc) which I would wake up after a few hours and walk around in a daze for hours afterwards. I hope this helps and if you want to try it, it can probably be found in a local grocery store fairly cheap.Good luck to your uncle!!!!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 21, 2006
    • 03:37 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Is it safe? Are there any side effects?
    Alextoss 1 Replies
    • December 21, 2006
    • 04:09 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I have not had any side effects from it and I have recommended it to a few people that I work with. We have a high stress work enviroment and it has seemed to help them from my stand point because they don't get frazzled as easily - they feel more rested. It's not the amount of sleep so much as the quality. I know that sounds corny and placating and I am sorry for that. My doctor is very pleased that I have found something that works and I have discussed it with him. I am sure if he had ANY reservations to me using this tea that he would have said something about it. Also, I have to take other medications for other medical problems and my pharmacist said they will not interact with the tea (as a matter of fact, I also buy my tea at the pharmacy because they carry it). If you would like, I can give you my email and we can discuss this further.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 21, 2006
    • 04:58 AM
    Flag this Response
  • people dont sleep for a number of reasons .the simplest is that they may not be tired enough.try cycling twenty miles ,walking for ten or swimming for two.if that does not work ,tryall three.maybe there is a problem on his mind.it would help to solve it.a good method is to do a really boring unpleasant job when he cant sleep,instead of reading or watching television.the job should be as dull as possible. i am not clear in my mind why an adult is troubling a "junior member" about a problem like this though. perhaps that is a sort of key to the problem.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 27, 2006
    • 09:13 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement