Discussions By Condition: Sexual conditions

Female Blockage

Posted In: Sexual conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: colkel
  • December 20, 2006
  • 01:52 PM

I am in my mid-forties and until a year ago, had a very normal sexual life. About a year and a half ago, I broke up with my long-time partner and stopped having sex on a regular basis. Last year I tried to have sex with someone and it was very painful. I thought it was because he was quite large. Six months later, my exboyfriend and I tried to get back together and again it was painful. This weekend, I tried again and my vagina is now only about an inch deep and it hurts like a big mamma to have sex and nothing can be inserted anyway. What cold be causing this? The only two things I can find as possible diagnosis's are vaginal cancer or vaginal prolapse, which I don't think it is. The pain isn't like a bruising, it is more like being ripped apart. I have been running a low grade fever for about a month. I know this is a very personal and sensitive subject, but frankly, I am scared. I don't have insurance, so cannot just pop into a doctor. I have other medical problems, but they couldn't be causing this. Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• I have read about this. It happens for various reasons. Some women have developed it DURING sex and their partner couldn't get out. Imagine calling 911 for that!I understand no insurance, but there is nothing you can do about this on your own. You HAVE TO GO TO THE DOCTOR.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 20, 2006
    • 08:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You have no idea how much I wish I could go to the doctor. I just don't have the money right now. That would be catastrophically embarassing to call 911 and have to tell them you are stuck like dogs! Ohmygosh! I don't think I will have that problem because it won't open in the first place. And it hurts like knives. That explains why I have been going without all the time!I know this is a really touchy subject and it is embarassing just to talk about it, but I wish I could just figure out what it is. Anyone have any ideas? It is scaring me.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 20, 2006
    • 09:52 PM
    Flag this Response
  • What about going to the Health Dept or Family Planning Center? It should be based on income so it could be really really cheap or Free.Below is something I cut/pasted from an article.Notice there are 3 non-surgical things that can be done:1. Estrogen cream from the doctoror (things you could do on your own:)2. Kegel exercises to increase circulation to the areaand3. using dialators to gradually stretch it open.**************Q&A: Treating Vaginal StenosisKathy writes: About six years ago, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer. At this time, I had a complete hysterectomy, which included removing my vagina. By use of a skin graft, the doctor made me a new one. I was not involved with someone at the time, so the dr suggested that I place a testtube in my vagina at night to keep it expanded. After a while, I stopped doing this, because, among other things, it was very, very uncomfortable (by the way, the dr. was a man, I'm sure a woman would have recommended something better). Now I have found someone, but as luck would have it, he's bigger than the average man, and we seemed to have a big problem. Do you know if it would be possible to somehow stretch the vagina again (it is not closed, just too small for him) or some surgery that I could have so that we could fit together without problems? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.ANSWER:First of all, Kathy, you really need to find an experienced doctor you can trust on this, and it is vital that it be someone with whom you can feel comfortable talking about this sensitive issue. Find a doctor that will take your problem seriously, including the discomfort you have had with the dilator in the past.In my reading and researching this I have found 2 different approaches mentioned to manage vaginal stenosis. The most common is a combination of estrogen cream, Kegel exercises (to increase circulation to the area), and graduated dilators (starting out with a slimmer one and working up).The other approach is surgical, usually involving grafting. Since you have already had grafting in this area, only an experienced surgeon could tell you what the prospects are for surgical correction. Please do what you need to do to get treatment, and let us know how things turn out for you.Note to all: Kathy wasn't properly instructed in the importance of continuing to use the vaginal dilator after reconstructive surgery or radiation. Instructions generally are to use the dilator (or to have sexual intercourse) regularly (usually 3X per week is recommended) for life. This is important for future medical examinations as well as sexual intercourse.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 21, 2006
    • 11:45 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Be Carful My Aunt Had The Same Closing Up. She Found Out That It Was A Large Tumor In Her Vaginal Wall. She Had No Clue Except Pain During Sex And The Closing. Go To A Doctor, Even Go To The Er. They Have To See You With No Money.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 31, 2006
    • 01:48 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement