Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

9 years of exstacy-induced ***l

Posted In: Nerve conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 6, 2009
  • 05:09 PM

I am at the end of my rope and, to be honest with you, life hardly seems worth living anymore. I am desperate, and do not know what to do. Posting on this forum seemed like one possibility, so here I am. If anyone reading this has any idea what is wrong with me, and what steps I could take to fix it, I would be very grateful.
I am 31 years old, and have been suffering for the last 9 years with what I assume is some sort of neurological damage, brought on as a result of exstacy use. I hesitate to say "MDMA use" because, really, anything could have been in any of the pills I had taken. With the exception of this exstacy, which I took fairly regularly for a period of about 3 months, I had never been a drug user. Pot a few times in highschool, this exstacy, and that's it.
Anyway, initially the symptoms of what I assume to be nerve damage were much worse than they are currently. These symptoms consisted of a continuous pressure in the back of the head, jaw clenching brought about by the afore-mentioned back of head pressure, dizziness, tinglings in extremities, and feeling like I was moving even when still. These feelings of movement were sometimes mild, but at other times it felt as it my body were being almost violently jerked up and down. Remember, my body itself was still during all of this. These were sensations.
Within two years the jerking sensations stopped, but all other symptoms remained, and have continued to remain right up until today. Some days are worse than others. Just about an hour ago, a horrible fit of dizziness swept over me, for instance.
I should note that I've always been an extremely anxious person, and obviously this hasn't helped matters. I mention this because it's always possible that some of the sensations or whatnot are due to stress and not the exstacy damage per se. But really, I have no idea.
Shortly after these symptoms began, I did go to the doctor and got an MRI. Everything was fine. A few years later, I went back to the same doctor to report that these sensations were continuing. He wrote me out a prescription for an anti-anxiety medication. I never got the meds, as I figure since they seem to work in the same fashion that exstacy works, such meds might actually cause further damage to me. That is not a gamble I am willing to take.

Anyway, does anyone here have any idea what might be causing these symptoms: jaw clenching, continual pressure in the back of the head (kind of at the point where head and neck meet), dizziness, tingling in extremities, sensations of movement when the body is still.
By "what might be causing these symptoms", I mean what sort of damage?
Please help me.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement