Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Opium de addiction

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • June 1, 2009
  • 08:03 PM

I am 28 yrs old and am using opium for the last 3 yrs. Now I want to leave this bad habbit. I am working and have my own business, so I cannot afford to take leave or get admitted in any hospital. Please advise me the best possible way to de-addiction.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• HiI dont know what country you are in but many places will give you methadone but you have to tail it off and reduce the amount you use every day. You will end up with someting like the flu for three days.If you really want to stop you should be able to tail off the opium you use in the same way if you cant get hold of methadone.Just dont swap one adiction for another or even worse end up with two addictons
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • hey man i would say u should lower the dose u taking and one day u have to say no to it and to help ur self from those pains and chills in first few days of ur begninng without opium u should take a pill called tramadol its a pian killer just eat like 100 mg or see ur self how many u will need to setle the pain . but after few days pain will go and u will be all good ..... just be strong
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • October 12, 2010
    • 00:29 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement