Discussions By Condition: Medical Errors

retethered spinal cord

Posted In: Medical Errors 1 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • May 26, 2009
  • 07:17 PM

I am a 42 year old female who had spinal cord release surgery in 2008. For a while I was much better but recently I have started having same problems as before my surgery. I have severe pain in my left hip and leg especially at night when I lay down. I tend to drag my left leg whenever I walk and my left side is very weak. When I sit for longs periods of time and then try to get up it is painful most times. My left leg also tends to give away as it did before my surgery. Is is possible that my spinal cord has retethered?

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• HiHas anyone ever discussed or mentioned Arachnoiditis with you. I sincerely believe that is what you have. Please research sites on internet. One with excellent articles to help understand is COFWA. In addition to explaining some of the ways you acquire it, they also have great articles by Drs familiar with it(many say they never heard of it). One of those articles is written by a Dr who suffers from this herself. Hope this helps.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement