Discussions By Condition: Addictions

masturbation.

Posted In: Addictions 68 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 7, 2006
  • 08:53 PM

I have a problem and I am very embarrassed by it. I was molested as a young boy. I was about 12-15 when this all happened. I now seem to be addicted to masturbation. I know it sound gross. I am an intelligent man 25 years old. I have a girlfriend and a good job, but this I want to overcome. I masturbate once a day usually. Sometimes twice a day. I just enjoy fantasying about other women. Please offer some help anyone.

Reply Flag this Discussion

68 Replies:

• This is very normal and not a problem at all. Many, mant men (myself included) masturbate daily or near-daily. It's a very normal and healthy thing to do. There's nothing wrong with you.
    Son of Axeman 5 Replies
    • December 19, 2006
    • 01:04 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I agree with Son of Axeman.You are perfectly fine regarding masturbation. SOme guys do it a few times a day. However, if you are having psychological problems regarding the abuse and find masturbation inadequate or remind you of this event, you better find someone to talk to and try to overcome the problem.
    KnowSUMthings 153 Replies
    • December 20, 2006
    • 00:29 AM
    Flag this Response
  • only twice?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 28, 2006
    • 06:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • only twice?ROTFLMAO ^ 2
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 17, 2007
    • 03:38 AM
    Flag this Response
  • What about women? haha
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 24, 2007
    • 08:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU!!!! Everyone masturbates, some morethan twice a day! There is nothing wrong with you. You just don't hear people admit to it. I do it all the time!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 25, 2007
    • 07:13 AM
    Flag this Response
  • all the time ?no breaks for sleep?that is heroic!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 25, 2007
    • 05:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • do it with acceptance...don't reject the desire to do so...rejection is what cause unhealty effects. I'm 38 and still masturbate once daily plus I satisfy my partner mostly daily. Enjoy your rich imagination.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 2, 2007
    • 09:17 PM
    Flag this Response
  • ok my fiance masturbates at least once a day (if im not there) or we do it together. youa re completely normal, but i wouldntshout it from the roof tops. as for fantasizing about other women, if it bothers you then try find a way that you can accept it. such as invite the girlfriend to do it with you. my man and do it all the time.:) it works
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 2, 2007
    • 09:49 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My husband used to and quit with the help from God. Let me tell you it did hurt my feelings because I felt he basically was being selfish and thinking of his own satisfaction and not mine. I think you better think about this because it sounds like your already convicted of it. So, all you have to do is stop. Talk to your partner and get their feelings on it. You should seek sometype of counciling for the episode when you were a child. There maybe a connection. Go see some pastoral care, they are better than paid physcoloigists and are free of cost. When my husband quit he focused more attention on me and our sex life got even better and there were no hurt feelings anymore. Good luck friend.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 3, 2007
    • 03:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My husband used to and quit with the help from God. Let me tell you it did hurt my feelings because I felt he basically was being selfish and thinking of his own satisfaction and not mine. I think you better think about this because it sounds like your already convicted of it. So, all you have to do is stop. Talk to your partner and get their feelings on it. You should seek sometype of counciling for the episode when you were a child. There maybe a connection. Go see some pastoral care, they are better than paid physcoloigists and are free of cost. When my husband quit he focused more attention on me and our sex life got even better and there were no hurt feelings anymore. Good luck friend.You and your husband are idiots. People masturbate. Get over it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 4, 2007
    • 00:23 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• There's nothing to get over & no not everyone mastubates and how would you know??
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 5, 2007
    • 08:19 PM
    Flag this Response
  • the important thing to remember is that female sexuality is trancendently mysterious and ineffably beautiful,while male sexuality is brutal coarse,and shameful. thus women possess all the nice sex and they feel entirely justified in not sharing it.if men dont like this they just have to lump it.male sex can sometimes be briefly rescued from ignominy if enough money has been spent(by the man)on the right things,and he is prepared to grovel enough.this is called "love" or, in america, "lerve".no man should ever give the impression that it is the sensations of sex which he likes,on the contrary he should emphasise to the narcissistic monster---sorry "woman"of his "choice " that it is only her presence which makes sex bearable.that it "gives their "lerve"greater meaning. " admitting to masturbation,(necessary as it may be to prepare a man to reproduce,)will utterly wreck this process so it is best if is not mentioned. this is the reason men dont like to admit to it.and the outcome is agonies of guilt for natural,healthy men.thanks,"sisters". thanks a bloomin bunch.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 11:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • yes, like barnacle bill the sailor,and his encounter with the fair young maiden!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2007
    • 11:11 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My husband used to and quit with the help from God. Let me tell you it did hurt my feelings because I felt he basically was being selfish and thinking of his own satisfaction and not mine. I think you better think about this because it sounds like your already convicted of it. So, all you have to do is stop. Talk to your partner and get their feelings on it. You should seek sometype of counciling for the episode when you were a child. There maybe a connection. Go see some pastoral care, they are better than paid physcoloigists and are free of cost. When my husband quit he focused more attention on me and our sex life got even better and there were no hurt feelings anymore. Good luck friend.Masturbation is completely normal and certainly healthy. If YOU are "hurt" by his decision to masturbate ... then it sounds like YOU are the one with issues for sure. Like one other person posted ... get over it. In fact, join him!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 12, 2007
    • 11:00 PM
    Flag this Response
  • There's nothing to get over, like I said. This person posted a problem in which he was trying to overcome. So, the issue isn't about me it's the other person. And your sitting back trying to encourage a problem instead of trying to help them overcome the issue. Let me ask you this- if ****s were to come back today would you masturbate in front of Him??? I don't think so, so why do it in the first place??? We live in an age where everything is ok. I'm ok -you're ok syndrome and quite frankly it's not ok. We live in an age of Soddom and Gamorrah and Lot was warned, we've had our warnings also. Evidently the person that posted this in the first place is not responding to the posts, so that shows how much care is actually taken to the situation. They say we're living in the "end" times and all I have to say is- Come Lord ****s Come. we are all in for a big shock. The initial person posting this was probably just a kid.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 13, 2007
    • 03:07 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You have nothing to worry about! Dont let the "Christians" tell you it's a bad thing..I bet ****s did it all the time. Dont get me wrong. I'm Christian..but I'm also realistic. Everyone does it..Most are just too embarassed to admit it. But, I would try to see help about your past. I had the same thing happen. It took counciling, but I got through it and I am a much happier and healthier person. Just remember it's not your fault. Good Luck! :)
    MissSallyBrown 2 Replies
    • February 13, 2007
    • 03:45 PM
    Flag this Response
  • when ****s comes back ,do you think he will be able to do anything about spelling?now there is something that really does offend! "gamorrah"!!!!! i bet he is good and mad about that.i hope he hunts you down and blasts your ++sfromhere to pakistan. with all seriousness however, i am in complete sympathy with the view that ****s was a proper human male.in fact i think it is the longest established theological view----"the dual nature of *****t"---all man and all god.and if he was so all fired great at resisting temptation,why did he emphasise "forgive us our trespasses"? and ---another difficult question, why does he call himself "the son of man"?why does he ask peter:"who do men say i am?"i could go on.but will not.do american churches do this absurd"sign of peace"?(it means at a certain point in the service,the congregation is invited to embrace each other.----it used to be "the kiss of peace"but everyone stopped going.)now ,wouldnt it be great if----- i dont know quite how to put this, but er ,um er if we sorta er,,showed *****t our solidarity in his essential human nature.....sorta thing i mean erm ,erm sorta kinda---allowed ourselves to kinda---erm um ah,,sorta.a mean he did it,,,musta if he wuz a propa guy....er what could we call it ,?the something or other of peace?suggestions please!no!no!No,not that sort of suggestion!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 15, 2007
    • 05:10 PM
    Flag this Response
  • You can't even use capitals in people's names, yet alone your grammar is inproper.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 17, 2007
    • 04:21 PM
    Flag this Response
  • what does "inproper" mean,please?is it an american usage?like "color "for "colour"? or "swivel on this,futhermukker," for" good morning ,mother,i hope you are well."? i must go now ,got to fix myself a sannawich,and a waldorf salad,over easy. i still dont know about the sign of peace.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 18, 2007
    • 09:22 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement