Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

my body is going crazy females help!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 5 Replies
  • Posted By: whatiswrongwithme
  • December 6, 2006
  • 07:47 PM

I have been experiencing menstrual pain in my lower back and abdomen with every period which has increased over the last 3 years... then about 8 months ago I started bleeding between periods, often when I was fooling around or aroused but not always sometimes just on its own, sometimes the blood would be a regular color but often it would be this really brownish color and have membrane in it and it had a foul odor. I also around this time started experiencing pain when my we fooled around, and sometimes just randomly between periods. My doctor gave my birth control but although it slightly seemed to help the pain at first now it no longer is even doing that. The blood (if thats what it is?) and smell and pain are getting to be really overwhelming I don't know what to do my doctor says i seem normal HELP!

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Im no doctor.. Im only another female but I do know a foul smell isnt normal. Please seek out another doctor to get another proper opinion, a foul smell could be related to some kind of infection going on esp if one is getting discharge too. I once forgot and left a diaphragm in for a week and that sure ended up producing a truely foul odour. Seeing that you have had this problem for so long now, Im sure you'd probably know if you'd left something in.. be it a tampon or anything else. Maybe check anyway to just make sure.
    taniaaust1 2,267 Replies
    • December 7, 2006
    • 00:51 PM
    Flag this Response
  • If you have cysts on your ovaries, for example, you will have a foul odor. The bleeding you've described are consistant with polycystic ovaries. Getting on birth control pills is one of several treatments for PCOS. Getting on the pill will not make odor go away immediately, your body may need time to heal. I would do research on polycystic ovaries at women to women organization on the internet. Try to get an ultrasound done to see what shape your ovaries are in (they will do this with if you get a diagnosis). Best Wishes!
    Pioneer 13 Replies
    • December 7, 2006
    • 03:44 PM
    Flag this Response
  • PS. Of course, it may not be PCOS, just keep an open mind to it. It's very possible that it an infection that is not getting treated properly.
    Pioneer 13 Replies
    • December 7, 2006
    • 03:47 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Except for the foul oder the other symptoms are signs of endometrosis. The only way to diagnose this is through a laproscopic surgery.Have you had a recent pap?What about some type of infection?
    billyandsarah99 19 Replies
    • December 7, 2006
    • 07:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • definitely get tested. you could have an infection (the foul smell could be an infection) and you could also have endometriosis. you don't want to let an infection go untreated.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 8, 2006
    • 06:51 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement