Discussions By Condition: Infectious diseases

Life after Alpha Strep/Strep Viridans

Posted In: Infectious diseases 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Gretchen
  • December 5, 2006
  • 08:45 PM

Hi - I am a 39 year old healthy female who spent a week in the hospital 2 years ago due to an alpha strep/strep viridans infection. Diagnosis took several days before hospital admittance and during it because of my age and good health. Sepsis had set in and I had to have a shoulder operated on to remove the infection that was in it. After the hospital stay I had an IV port in my arm for 6 weeks to continue intraveneous antibiotics.

As soon as I could I started exercising again regularly but I find that I am very lethargic and have an energy level that is nothing like it was before the strep infection. I am a very positive upbeat person with a great job and very happy life. I exercise regularly and do what I can to minimize stress in my life. I just don't feel as healthy and energetic as I did before that illness. Has anyone had a similar experience or know that this is a common aftereffect? I have spent a lot of time trying to research this on the internet but can't find anything.

Thank you for any thoughts, comments, etc. you may have.

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement