Discussions By Condition: Anal/Rectal Conditions

Bad Odour

Posted In: Anal/Rectal Conditions 34 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 5, 2006
  • 08:00 PM

Lately I have been afraid to go in public because I have been experiencing a foul smelling liquid coming from my anus. I tried to take baths and showers, but that has not helped. I am embaressed to go in public because of this smell involentarily produced and I am not sure what to do.

Reply Flag this Discussion

34 Replies:

• Do you have any pain or discomfort? Are you male or female?
    miserableMOE 52 Replies
    • January 22, 2007
    • 04:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I have this EXACT same problem. It's been several weeks since it started. It normally doesn't start until later in the school day. I've wiped constantly and nothing's stuck around the edges or anything. I've even tried hydrogen peroxide or alcohol to kill the bacteria and it doesn't work. I have no idea what to do.. it's embarassing to go out in public.. I'm a male.. no pain or discomfort.. the only pain I've had is from wiping hard to get it off..
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 22, 2007
    • 11:40 PM
    Flag this Response
  • i too have this prob. please help!! wha is this?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 9, 2007
    • 04:08 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Betadine a gentle iodine will take care of it, go slow at first but it will slowly improve so that you can put large gobs of betadine in after douching out and push it right up in to your rectum with a thin ****o. Iodine is uses by the iosinophils which clean your intestines.
    bobjones 9 Replies Flag this Response
  • Would Betadine help a bad vaginal odor also? How should I use it for that purpose?
    jellybean3009 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hello all, there is much you can do about these problems. First the rectum. There should be no bad smell here, onces you learn to do a enema. This is very simple, the rectum is a duel purpose organ, pooing and sex. Once the rectum is perfectly washed out no dung will come down for approx. 5 hours if you only have pop or wine, if you eat solids it will start up again. This will give you comfort in public until you find the reason for your problem. Betadine, Ufudex and Aldara can all be used in the vaginal and anal canals but you must know the dosing! They are all immune activators and will draw the immune system to the area so there will be inflammation. Betadine is the gentlest and because it is iodine in a time release form it will kill all pathogens plus the t8 killer cells use it to attack your enemies. These problems of smell should all be cleared up it's probably more a problem of ignorance of your body than serious pathologies. rgds, bobjones
  • Would Betadine help a bad vaginal odor also? How should I use it for that purpose? Betadine and Povidone are both uses by women as douches ,they have a long safe tract record, ask your friends and pharmacist how best to use them. Be gentle and look for success over time of many small dosing slowly ram-ping up the doses. Use a small ****o and see that it works into every crevice of your vagina. rgds, bobjones
  • Betadine and Povidone are both uses by women as douches ,they have a long safe tract record, ask your friends and pharmacist how best to use them. Be gentle and look for success over time of many small dosing slowly ram-ping up the doses. Use a small ****o and see that it works into every crevice of your vagina. rgds, bobjones Uggh! I don't recommend doing this - it will further disrupt your vaginal flora, and may cause further problems. A probiotic is a safer and better bet in my opinion. Please read the long thread on Bacterial Vaginosis and the yogurt/probiotic topical vaginal treatment for this. It works wonders and helps restore the normal vaginal flora. Concerning both posts on anal and vaginal discharge, the above treatment works for both - you can insert a probiotic into the rectum, carefully, at night. Consider candida issues and look into your diet...cutting out sugars, processed foods and dairy products may help get you back on track. If you are having problems with constipation/diarrhea, then please get a stool culture test. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • Uggh! I don't recommend doing this - it will further disrupt your vaginal flora, and may cause further problems. A probiotic is a safer and better bet in my opinion. Please read the long thread on Bacterial Vaginosis and the yogurt/probiotic topical vaginal treatment for this. It works wonders and helps restore the normal vaginal flora. Concerning both posts on anal and vaginal discharge, the above treatment works for both - you can insert a probiotic into the rectum, carefully, at night. Consider candida issues and look into your diet...cutting out sugars, processed foods and dairy products may help get you back on track. If you are having problems with constipation/diarrhea, then please get a stool culture test. Best wishesDOM I do love a educated argument and this we may have? A woman uses 6 times as much iodine as a man, the third biggest iodine pump in a woman is her ovaries, see below. In addition to the thyroid and mammary glands, other tissues possess an iodine pump (the sodium/iodine symporter). Stomach mucosa, the salivary glands, and lactating mammary glands can concentrate iodine almost to the same degree as the thyroid gland (40-fold greater than its concentration in blood). Other tissues that have this pump include the ovaries; thymus gland, seat of the adaptive immune system; skin; choroid plexus in the brain, which makes cerebrospinal fluid; and joints, arteries and bone. If a woman doesnt have sufficient iodine her genitals are very vulnerable to disease. Yogurt is biodegradable and can set the stage for odors and disease, h202 is the active molecule but so short lived. Efudex and Aldara need prescription and may not be called for here. Iodine definitely, 30% of the iodine stored in the body is in the skin as a disinfectant, if you know how to use iodine on the skin you will see how the skin loves Iodine and how effective it is against all most any skin ailment including cancer. rgds bobjones. see below. http://www.lewrockwell.com/miller/miller20.html
  • Possible side effects of Povidone/Iodine Douche:All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. When used in small doses, no COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur: Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); chills; excessive vaginal dryness; fever; severe stomach pain; unusual vaginal discharge; vaginal pain, soreness, swelling, redness, or irritation.This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider. You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088) or at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch Just some basic info on the douch you mentioned. Please note the possible side effects before you use the above product. As for pure unsweetened yogurt causing disease? Please, this is nonsense.It is incredibly soothing for most women. The cuprit for breeding disease and bacteria is more likely to be wearing pantyhose or synthetic panties. I still think inserting a good quality probiotic vaginally or analy would be helpful. bobjones: have you ever had a vaginal yeast or bacterial infection? DOM
  • Lately I have been afraid to go in public because I have been experiencing a foul smelling liquid coming from my anus. I tried to take baths and showers, but that has not helped. I am embaressed to go in public because of this smell involentarily produced and I am not sure what to do.hii have suffered this problem for years, i have seen many doctors and not one of them has ever given me an answer.i suffer IBS and post traumatic depression and when i am nervous or worried the 2 problems get worse and spiral out of control. the more i worried about the smell, the worse it got. my doctor blamed the odour on sweat, but sweat does not smell.lol. i have a fluid leaking and nobody can tell me why.the only thing that has helped me to control this problem is shower or wash as soften as you need too. sorry for being blunt but, if you have too, sit on the edge of the bath and shower your **m if you need to and use soap, (my doctor always told me not to use soap because it would make me sweat more) and make sure you dry your **m WELL, and alway wash your-self after you have been to the toilet. if you have to wash 6 times a day, do it, and you will start to worry about it less, which will help the problem and then you will have to wash less. my problem is still with me but i can keep it under control (most of the time). i dont think i will ever get it sorted out.the worrying about it is the biggest thing you need too stop and dont get stressed as much, these are worst things for me.i really hope this helps you all, i know what you are going through and it is a horrible nightmare.........i would be grateful if anybody lets me know the results.good luckspl1ffy
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• i have noticed quiet a few people have looked at this thread but nobody is posting anything.......... we have all looked at this thread for a reason and if we talk to each other we just might get an answer. if you have answers, ideas or questions please post...sl1ffy
  • hi, i'm a female, 29 yrs old, asian, live in uk for 4 yrs.i've got a problem of bad odour. started about 5 yrs ago. i havent been to a doctor, as i feel so shy. i havent told this to anybody either, but i know anyone could smell it. i can see people turning their noses. i am a very hygenic person, vegetarian for 2 years, don't consume much dairy at all. I normally have a shower everyday, brush twice a day, sometimes 3 times. tried all the expensive perfumes, colognes, deos, nothing helps.i feel so bad as i used to be a very social person, enjoyed myself. but now i cant. i've finished with my boy friend too while i am away from the country for few years. i dont know what to do. sometimes i know i've got bad mouth odour. but some times my whole skin smell. smell like a fish i think. sometimes i think i've got a skin cancer.
  • hi, i'm a female, 29 yrs old, asian, live in uk for 4 yrs.i've got a problem of bad odour. started about 5 yrs ago. i havent been to a doctor, as i feel so shy. i havent told this to anybody either, but i know anyone could smell it. i can see people turning their noses. i am a very hygenic person, vegetarian for 2 years, don't consume much dairy at all. I normally have a shower everyday, brush twice a day, sometimes 3 times. tried all the expensive perfumes, colognes, deos, nothing helps.i feel so bad as i used to be a very social person, enjoyed myself. but now i cant. i've finished with my boy friend too while i am away from the country for few years. i dont know what to do. sometimes i know i've got bad mouth odour. but some times my whole skin smell. smell like a fish i think. sometimes i think i've got a skin cancer.i too was a social person until my problem started, i then hated going out as i could see people turning thier noses or worse, telling me.i tried giving up all kinds of food and changed my diet but the problem was still there. go and see your doctor, i know it is embarrassing but it will give you peace of mind about the cancer and that means you have 1 less thing to worry about. trust me when i say, worrying about the problem makes it a lot worse. shower as often as you can and dry yourself well when you come out and TRY not too worry about it. i know your problem is slighty different to mine but the worst thing you can do is get stressed out about the odour.please, go and see your doctor and just keep showering as often as possible and your confidense will built itself.let me know how you get on and good luck with your doctor ;)
  • Lately I have been afraid to go in public because I have been experiencing a foul smelling liquid coming from my anus. I tried to take baths and showers, but that has not helped. I am embaressed to go in public because of this smell involentarily produced and I am not sure what to do. Check with your doctor and test for excessive east(candida)
  • Check with your doctor and test for excessive east(candida)thank you for posting.i had never heard of candida before and i will be seeing my doctor about it.i would have a lot of the symptoms.i will post the outcome of the docs.thx once againspl1ffy
  • has anyone solved this problem yet??my problem is very odd, im also getting an odour but not sure why my parents cant smell it and most of my close relatives cant either when i go to school it happens usually i can never take a proper **** in the morning and i get something leaking from my but usually the things i've learned to combat this issue is shower with anti bacterial soap and dry it for about 5 minutes then put powder but even this doesnt work fully i went to my gastrotoligist and he cant find any problems there going to do the inspection of my anus soon i hope that will solve the problem i was wondering if anyone has had anything similar to my problem and fixed it.
  • thank you for posting.i had never heard of candida before and i will be seeing my doctor about it.i would have a lot of the symptoms.i will post the outcome of the docs.thx once againspl1ffy I am not sure that your doc will be able to treat candida some docs think this is bunk, and Western antifungal meds (diflucan is one) are very toxic and don't work very well in my experience. You can get a stool test to check for candida, but it isn't completely accurate, and just gives you a range. I personally recommend finding a naturopath who has dealt with this, or try the many different candida cleanses that are out there - google candida cleanse and see what you find. Wild oregano oil, tea tree, undecyenic acid, caprylic acid, and a product called Threelac are all good ( Threelac is one of the best products to kill candida I have found and I have tried a great many different products.) Candida overload is very tenacious, and takes time to get rid of if you have it. Please be patient and give yourself a couple months to get back on track. It is a good idea to try two different treatments as candida gets used to one treatment and can become resistant to it... I still recommend trying the PROBIOTIC inserted anally and/or vaginally to help as well. Best wishesDOM
  • Where Do You Find The Probiotic That Is Inserted Anal?
  • Hi peepsi am a 25 year old male, i wash myself after i poop and take a shower twice a day. After takin a shower when i wipe my **m and groin area i can smell a really bad odor and the are around my anus is always itching and i sweat quite alot any advise you can offer as this is really getting to me. CheersAdam
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement