Discussions By Condition: Mental conditions

Antisocial personality disorder?

Posted In: Mental conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • December 4, 2006
  • 09:14 PM

My daughter is 15 and has been suspended from school for stealing money, not once but daily for 3 months! They just now suspended her because they have witnesses recently that saw her doing it. Her stealing has been an issue for over 7 years. It started off with little things, erasers, pencil sharpeners and such, but for the past few years it is mass amounts of money. She forged my signature on school papers saying we needed assistance with lunches for her because of all her brothers and sisters, we didn't have enough to go around. She is an only child and we make in excess of $90k a year! She lies constantly, regardless of what it is about. She shows no sign of guilt for her actions, really shows no regret at all. Her nature comes off as angelic and can do no wrong, she is also very immature for her age(acts maybe 12). The school couselor said " she appears to have a golden halo above her", but the counselor also saw right through the behavior and advised us of the anti-social personality. Her grades are dropping because she won't do the work; she has a smart mouth and disrespectful nature; won't do chores or even make her bed; overall claims she is doing nothing wrong and sees nothing wrong with what she is doing. Since her suspension, she now talks of "if I wasn't here this wouldn't happen" but I have asked her if she wasn't here, where would she be and she says she doesn't know. Is that an indication of suicidal thoughts? We live in a small town, quite a driving distance to a major city and there aren't very many doctors here that you could class as professional. I know no one here can ofer a diagnosis, but anyone got any ideas what it sounds like so I cna look it up on the web and get some answers? Thank you!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement