Discussions By Condition: Rare Disases

The mind of someone suffering any movement disorder

Posted In: Rare Disases 0 Replies
  • Posted By: distoweb
  • April 28, 2009
  • 10:37 PM

I have always said, as it appears in distoweb, people suffering dystonia/s, Parkinson’s, dystrophy, essential tremor and/or any other movement disorder show important symptoms that condition their lives, and so mine. But I also say that those things their minds (our minds) hide are sometimes as important, maybe even more, than other physical aspects. So an intimate area is usually very complicated to deal with because there appear insecurity, shame, pain, fear, sorrow, and so on.
After having shown and shared any single detail of my disorder, now I feel I must share with you a series of thoughts about different areas which come from a body and a mind (both mine) very similar to yours.
Far from pretending to agree with each individual’s thoughts about matters as life, death, time, sickness, pain, responsibility, God, duties, nature, sexuality or love, I just want you to know my ideas about these and other matters, the same time I will be interested in your thoughts or opinions. Maybe they are alike or not. It doesn’t matter. I know they can be very probably worthy and useful for all of us.
And why? Well. I feel we sometimes need an alternative approach to face our lives, kind of means to move forward, to struggle hard and hopefully, with a different face and attitude.
To find these you must visit http://webs.ono.com/distoweb and
è press the button Personal thoughts ]
I hope it make you think for a while. A bit different. Even better.
Best wishes.
Fernando-Valencia

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement