Discussions By Condition: Poisoning

Several Chemicals

Posted In: Poisoning 1 Replies
  • Posted By: joevil
  • April 27, 2009
  • 04:02 AM

HI, i work at an overnight job, other than taking care of animals my job is to clean the place, and the laundry, i work with several chemicals, most of htem are uknown to me. I've had a condition taht started pretty close to thetime i started working there and it just hit me, mabey im getting poisoned? the doctors never said as much, the closet they got toe was mental problems, lol, their pills made me happire but did not kill the problems i ahve.

I was wondering if anyone would know the poisoning propoties of these next few chemicals, and waht they do to you, and how, in here we are provided with a little protectiong but not required to wear it and in a rush sometimes we have no time to "suit up" though our suiting up contains of only 2 goggles to sahre, and one set of yellow gloveas, the rest of us are to use plastic gloves, that don't protect from chemicals

i on the otherhand rushing, usually, dont even wear the protection i guess im suppose to

we handle lemon quat, it is mostly diluted half/half but rarely i'll have to put pure quat in a hose diluter. Anyway it is the chemical we handle the most, i know i've had the diluted stuff on my hands, clothes, and skin before, never caused rash or anything, and i know i've accidently inhaled the fumes from the pure stuff while pumping it,

BLUE (bucket scrubber/all around cleaner) always handle it dilluted, in spray form, and in auto scrubber, sometimse gets on hands when performing matneince to the auto scurbber

star spray (window cleaner/metal polisher) used like blue only on windows and polishing metals, rarely contacts with me

senturion (scent killer) a minty strong smelling chemical meant to douse the fire of bad smells, i've inhaled this (on accidnet) on ocassion while cleaning drains, used in spray bottles or hose sprayers, had small contact iwth diluted form, never contacted pure

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• check your MSDS sheets for these products at work?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 8, 2010
    • 09:48 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement