Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Desperate !

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 13 Replies
  • Posted By: PinkAngel
  • April 25, 2009
  • 04:44 PM

:( Please Please can someone help me ? I had a baby 7 months ago and sinse the birth and during the pregnancy i have experianced a range of symptom's and have now become so weak that i can no longer manage with my baby or even walk at time's or stand for more than a few moments without feeling i will collapse or faint ... I been persistantly back and fourth to my Doctors who have repeatedly dismissed me as suffering from Depression and severe Anxiety ... This i will not deny as months of trying to find the reason why i am so ill has left me in this state ... I have had a couple deficiancy ests which have come back normal ... A testosterone test also normal ... A gut test and Oedema testing all normal and the latest to be performed are a Fasting blood test of the kidney and a scan of the Kidneys in 4 weeks time ... My symptom's are as follow's ...

Frequent Blood in urine without infection!
I react to anything from Antibiotic's,Anti depressant's to sugarfree mint's and some other food!
Feel weak,lack of strength and energy!
Nail beds are pale with purple/red band on tip's,Ridges long ways on the nail and twisting as they grow!
Abdonamal pain with pain in Kidney area!
Feeling faint!
I have had Pain down one side (right) of my head!
Dizziness!
Vertigo (bouts of)!
Pain in joint's and muscles!
Hair falling out (more than is usual)!
Pain in chest!
Shortness of breath!
React to plasters!

Please and ty for reading but can anyone shed any light on this as i feel my life is ebbing away ... Thankyou .

Reply Flag this Discussion

13 Replies:

• Forgot to mention that i had a CT scan on the brain and nothing was found (just a little brain ) :o
    PinkAngel 16 Replies Flag this Response
  • Did you have a transfusion?
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • Did you have a transfusion? No ... I have had no Transfusion .
  • During my Pregnancy i had Vit B12 Anemia ... I have had follow up test's twice and am told my level's are fine ... Also after the birth (within 2 minutes) A studant midwife started pulling on the cord ... It was that painfull i screamed out and told her to stop as i had not yet another contraction comming .
  • Thankyou for the Information Blaze ... Is very much worth looking into but 2 of the symptom's i cannot relate to this being the cause but will speak with my doctor as a possibility ... Just wish that all this could be sorted out Asap as i have no deffinate answer's from my Doctor ... He is in agreement that there are definate physical problems somewhere ... .
  • :( Please Please can someone help me ? I had a baby 7 months ago and sinse the birth and during the pregnancy i have experianced a range of symptom's and have now become so weak that i can no longer manage with my baby or even walk at time's or stand for more than a few moments without feeling i will collapse or faint ... I been persistantly back and fourth to my Doctors who have repeatedly dismissed me as suffering from Depression and severe Anxiety ... This i will not deny as months of trying to find the reason why i am so ill has left me in this state ... I have had a couple deficiancy ests which have come back normal ... A testosterone test also normal ... A gut test and Oedema testing all normal and the latest to be performed are a Fasting blood test of the kidney and a scan of the Kidneys in 4 weeks time ... My symptom's are as follow's ... Frequent Blood in urine without infection!I react to anything from Antibiotic's,Anti depressant's to sugarfree mint's and some other food!Feel weak,lack of strength and energy!Nail beds are pale with purple/red band on tip's,Ridges long ways on the nail and twisting as they grow!Abdonamal pain with pain in Kidney area!Feeling faint!I have had Pain down one side (right) of my head!Dizziness!Vertigo (bouts of)!Pain in joint's and muscles!Hair falling out (more than is usual)!Pain in chest!Shortness of breath!React to plasters! Please and ty for reading but can anyone shed any light on this as i feel my life is ebbing away ... Thankyou .Hi PinkAngel,"Life ebbing away" is, in the majority of cases, NOT an acceptable option. Two (well, actually three) VERY important questions...How old are you now? Did you notice ANY of these symptoms...even in the slightest degree prior to your recent pregnancy...ESPECIALLY in your childhood?Do you know if ANY family members...either on you Mom's or Dad's side...have ever exhibited any similar symptoms, either past or present?Best regards,John<
    JonMac 165 Replies Flag this Response
  • During my Pregnancy i had Vit B12 Anemia ... I have had follow up test's twice and am told my level's are fine ... Also after the birth (within 2 minutes) A studant midwife started pulling on the cord ... It was that painfull i screamed out and told her to stop as i had not yet another contraction comming . YOU STILL HAVE B12 ANEMIA - DON'T LET THEM STOP TREATING YOU JUST BECAUSE YOUR BLOOD LEVELS ARE FINE! Get on the B12 misdiagnosis thread and post your symptoms there. Do you know what your levels were when you were last tested? B12 deficiency causes irreversible neurological problems...it is grossly underdiagnosed in the US and not treated effectively. Please talk to the folks on the misdiagnosis thread - I really think this will help. Please explain a bit about your delivery - did you have problems with the afterbirth or placenta? Did you have a long labor? Are you on birth control now including an IUD? Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi PinkAngel, "Life ebbing away" is, in the majority of cases, NOT an acceptable option. Two (well, actually three) VERY important questions... How old are you now? Did you notice ANY of these symptoms...even in the slightest degree prior to your recent pregnancy...ESPECIALLY in your childhood? Do you know if ANY family members...either on you Mom's or Dad's side...have ever exhibited any similar symptoms, either past or present? Best regards,John Thankyou,Thankyou for your reply ... I will now answer your questions. 1) I will be 35 in August ... I have alway's had stomach complaint's such as constipation ,stomach cramping . 2)I am not sure about symptom's but know of the following condition's in my family on both side's : My Nan ... Diabeties. My Mum ... Allergy to Pencillin. Me ... Allergy to Pencillin. My Eldest daughter ... Asthma ... Hayfeaver ... Had a really bad reaction to something 4 years ago and never discovered what it was . Second eldest daughter ... Reacts to virus's . Thankyou for your time ,I appreciate it greatly .Hope the Information help's .
  • YOU STILL HAVE B12 ANEMIA - DON'T LET THEM STOP TREATING YOU JUST BECAUSE YOUR BLOOD LEVELS ARE FINE! Get on the B12 misdiagnosis thread and post your symptoms there. Do you know what your levels were when you were last tested? B12 deficiency causes irreversible neurological problems...it is grossly underdiagnosed in the US and not treated effectively. Please talk to the folks on the misdiagnosis thread - I really think this will help. Please explain a bit about your delivery - did you have problems with the afterbirth or placenta? Did you have a long labor? Are you on birth control now including an IUD? Best wishesDOM Thankyou,Thankyou so much also for your reply ... I am of the opinion that i am still deficiant ... I have argued it out with a few doctors only to be told the same thing time and time again ... I know how i feel is not right at all . The last Serum VitB12 test i had done was in the Accident and emergency (Er ) I was unable to obtain the results of that 3 weeks ago but the one prior to that Dated 16th January 2009 was 371 ng/L ... I wanted the recent results to compare with these to see if there was in fact a decline in B12 in my body .I am still trying to obtain the result's . I had no problem's during the birth or delivery ... Labour lasted all of 17 hours and as soon as the baby was born .(within 2 minutes).. The student midwife proceded to tug on the cord which cause much pain that i screamed and told her to stop as i had no contraction .The placenta was said to be whole but was gritty (was 10 days overdue birth date) .I also had Gas & Air ... I did'nt know at the time that Nitrous Oxide depletes Vit B12 ... . I am on no Birth control or have an IUD fitted ... I bled for 11 Weeks after birth ... After a very heavy and serious bleed it was discovered that i had a serious Infection of the Womb (which i had repeatedly been back to my doctor about as i felt unwell . Hope all this help's and thankyou for your time ... It is greatly appreciated .
  • Thankyou,Thankyou for your reply ... I will now answer your questions. 1) I will be 35 in August ... I have alway's had stomach complaint's such as constipation ,stomach cramping . 2)I am not sure about symptom's but know of the following condition's in my family on both side's : My Nan ... Diabeties. My Mum ... Allergy to Pencillin. Me ... Allergy to Pencillin. My Eldest daughter ... Asthma ... Hayfeaver ... Had a really bad reaction to something 4 years ago and never discovered what it was . Second eldest daughter ... Reacts to virus's . Thankyou for your time ,I appreciate it greatly .Hope the Information help's .Thanks for the quick reply and the answers, PinkAngel. This info does help. Just one more question...think carefully:Prior to your pregnancy, have you ever experienced ANT of the many symptoms you've listed as follows:Frequent Blood in urine without infection!I react to anything from Antibiotic's,Anti depressant's to sugarfree mint's and some other food!Feel weak,lack of strength and energy!Nail beds are pale with purple/red band on tip's,Ridges long ways on the nail and twisting as they grow!Abdonamal pain with pain in Kidney area!Feeling faint!I have had Pain down one side (right) of my head!Dizziness!Vertigo (bouts of)!Pain in joint's and muscles!Hair falling out (more than is usual)!Pain in chest!Shortness of breath!React to plasters!I'm particularly interested in the blood in your urine and the condition of your finger nails (toe nails, also?)Thanks,John<
    JonMac 165 Replies Flag this Response
  • Thanks for the quick reply and the answers, PinkAngel. This info does help. Just one more question...think carefully: Prior to your pregnancy, have you ever experienced ANT of the many symptoms you've listed as follows: Frequent Blood in urine without infection!I react to anything from Antibiotic's,Anti depressant's to sugarfree mint's and some other food!Feel weak,lack of strength and energy!Nail beds are pale with purple/red band on tip's,Ridges long ways on the nail and twisting as they grow!Abdonamal pain with pain in Kidney area!Feeling faint!I have had Pain down one side (right) of my head!Dizziness!Vertigo (bouts of)!Pain in joint's and muscles!Hair falling out (more than is usual)!Pain in chest!Shortness of breath!React to plasters! I'm particularly interested in the blood in your urine and the condition of your finger nails (toe nails, also?) Thanks,John Thankyou so much for your quick responce ... I have suffered some symptom's prior to this pregnancy which are : Feel weak,lack of strength and energy!Pain in chest!Shortness of breath! I noticed ( Before the Vit B12 Anemia was diagnosed) That my little finger nails started to get ridges going down the length of the nail ... Then 5 month's ago i noticed that it was far worse and other changes had taken place like the colour of the nail bed's ... These are pale half moon with purple/red tip's and sometime's i see a tinge (very slight) of blue ... The same with the cuticle end of the nail ... They also grow now bending toward the finger tip ... Left or right ... They do not appear brittle or too soft ... My toe nail's have taken time in catching up but yes i have the same ridges down the length ... and discolouration is taking place at the tip's ... Again ... Do not appear too brittle or too soft ... The blood in the urine started around the time after birth bleed stopped ( 13 weeks) I had 2 urine samples sent to the lab and although i portrayed all the signs of a UTI no infection was detected but blood was ... I stated to notice that this would occar after a reaction to med's and after eating pasta ... Sugar free mint's then all the other symptom's would worsen .... I hope this information is sufficiant and thankyou so much again .
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• http://www.anxietytribe.com/gallery/I/2005/01/01/19695.jpg I am not sure If i am allowed to do this but here JonMac ... is a recent Photo as good as i could get and willing to take another .... Just to give an idea of my nail bed's although you can see no ridges and the twisting of them here .
  • Have you ever had you thyroid tested?
    SpineGirl 64 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement