Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

21 Male, Sever fatigue rapidly decreasing physical ability

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Dark Crimson
  • April 22, 2009
  • 00:46 PM

Hi friends, my first post here:)
I've been back and forward to my GP about this excessive tiredness and exhaustion both mental and physical that has been going on for nearly a year and has most recently been accompanied by unusual dull and frequent headaches, blurry vision and dizziness. Its approaching the point where I'm unable to lift things about or do basic chores without the need for resting afterward. Also I'm waking up in the morning to find myself as exhausted and tired as i was when i went to bed. Any physical exertion is a difficult task and leaves me needing to rest, and i find i really have to push myself. I first started noticing it when i was working a year ago, i was finding it increasingly difficult to keep up with what i had to do, until i was fired for being 'lazy' - yet i just was becoming too tired to complete my work.

My GP has had me in for blood tests, all checked out fine except for a deficiency in white cells. My GP rules my fatigue and other symptoms down to stress and depression and has given me antidepressants. Having suffered from depression before from a traumatic event, i know enough to know that I'm not depressed and right now have no stresses.

I really don't know what's wrong with me, i consider myself fairly healthy, but I'm at my wits end with being so exhausted that some days i have to lay in bed all day.

Can anyone offer me any advice apart from depression? Thank you!:)

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement