Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Depression?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: scnnkt
  • April 17, 2009
  • 08:14 PM

im 15 & think i may be suffering from depression. i haven't been to see a doctor or even spoke about this with anyone! it may not even be depression or anything really but thought id post to see.
so heres whats wrong:

I find myself obsessing over everything, i go over conversations ive had with people in my mind and think to my self what if i had said this or i shouldnt of said that, even if it was just a general conversation and what i said didnt make a difference i still obsess over it.

i constantly feel down when im stuck in the house and not outside, in like school holidays and everyone else is out. i get jealous of people who can go out and feel better when i know what there up to or if i know there not going out either. i constantly say to myslef oh i wish i had there life or wish i was them. realy stupid i know, but i cant help it.

i also get jealous of people very easily, i dont like being left out, and i constantly feel left out even if im not. like if my friends are talking to each other i feel i need to know what there talking about or i have to be there. i wish i didnt but i do.

another thing is that i obsess over people. i know that sounds stalkerish, but i hate it. when talking to this person i try to think what im going to say to her so it sounds perfect and i know i wont hate myself later on for saying it. when i see this person i constantly feel i need to talk to them, for example when they sign in on msn i feel i need to speak to them, or if they talk to me first i feel better. i analyise everything they say to me. i get jealous when someone else is having a conversation with them. my stomache is in nots when i am talking to them and i constantly want to be with them. and NO i am not in love, i know that!!!

this is going on forever but i feel i need to get it all off my chest, even if it is only on here, it makes me feel better. im not scraed of dying, i want to die at a young age, i dont want to get old and see everyone else die aroud me, i always tell my self as soon as i lose someone close i wont be far behind them. i constantly feel like dying, but i know i would never actually do it. please dont be concerned about this comment i just really needed to get it off my chest.

so do you all think there is anything wrong with me? any advice?
i hate feeling like this, i hate obsessing over this person, it drives me crazy but i really cant help it!!

sorry this is so long but i would really appreciate any comments or help!!!

xxxxx

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• Maybe this fits how you feel? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive-compulsive_personality_disorder
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi .that is not the symtoms of depression .I think keira has the diagnose for you .read it.it will be a good idea to speak to you mom .dont just ignore it .it can become wores.good luck
    charmaine petzer 176 Replies Flag this Response
  • I agree with the other posters...your symptoms (thoughts) sound alot like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.Since you are very young I would suggest talking to one of your parent's about it, then have them set up an appointment for you with either a Psychologist or a Psychiatrist. Either of those two doctors will be able to help you. The Psychologist will be able to help you work through things mentally and the Psychiatrist will be able to do the same thing, but also prescribe you medication if he/she thinks you may need it.
    LT8605 20 Replies Flag this Response
  • Just wanted to say, 15 is a hard age for most people.You are dealing with new and larger expectations, larger peer groups and you are also more aware of what is happening in the world around you.Thinking back to conversations, and worrying that you may have sounded silly is a pretty normal thing too, everyone does it, at all stages of life.As for obsessing over one person, i would suggest that maybe you talk to your parent/s or a counselor at your school about how you are feeling.Wanting to talk to someone is ok,wanting to have a meaningful relationship is ok, as long as the other person feels as you do, but when they feel that it is too much, it is always a good thing to seek help, from a trained , or a parent that can help.Everyone wants to know what thier friends are doing, but when you feel left out, it is important to try to involve yourself, in activities that intrest you.
    riskyd 35 Replies Flag this Response
  • I thought this was me asking the question at first..haha...you sound exactly like me....which definitely makes me feel relieved that I'm not the only one like this.I have been diagnosed with Anxiety & Depression. (Social anxiety to be more specific)...I constantly re-play everything in a conversation in my mind & I cannot stop thinking about what I did wrong...which is a symptom of social anxiety...so is trying to say everything perfect...I have a hard time with this one. As far as the obsessing over people, I don't think this is a symptom of social anxiety but it doesn't sound like OCPD either..I haven't quite figured out why I obsess over certain people. Although I have found some similarities between the people I obsess over...There have been two that I have been majorly obsessed with..both were really nice, funny, & cool teachers. & what's even weirder is that in my process of "following" them...I found out that both those teachers have the exact same kind of car. weird?But anyways, I'm not a doctor or anything, so I can't tell you for sure but you might have social anxiety...or you could have something else too...like OCPD. A lot of people have more than one mental disorder...because they overlap. If you have depression you are more likely to have something else also like anxiety,a personality disorder, an eating disorder or something like that. I personally think you are depressed also...feeling like you want to die is one of the most common indicators of depression. I feel suicidal also...but my mom recently kind of found out because my sister was on my computer, stupid me left up where I had searched suicide methods in the google toolbar...so my sister told my parents & we had a long talk...and it was pretty embarrassing at first, but after they found out I was feeling this way, my mom called the doctor...the doctor did a questionnaire and I was diagnosed with clinical depression..we already knew I had a lot of anxiety....I took Zoloft in the past to help with my anxiety. But I was just recently put on Lexapro, it honestly isn't seeming to help much. Another thing I would like to mention real fast, is that people who have obsessions, don't realize it, but they are probably obsessing to block out other feelings...by focusing on other things. That's what I have come to realize about myself. I know it's the hardest thing in the world to do, but you should really talk to your mom or dad or whatever adult you think is best.I didn't want to talk to anyone..not only because I was afraid they would not take me seriously..but I had felt this way for so long it was, I was used to it, and I think I was afraid to feel anyway different. Did I like being depressed?...I'm still not sure.A few days before my parents found out...I e-mailed a teacher from school (this summer)...I told him how I had been feeling...& that I didn't know who to talk to, I tried hinting around about me feeling suicidal also. Well he called the school counselor, who called my parents & the night they talked to me, the school counselor also called our house...so they had a very shocking night. I know it seems impossible to tell, but if you don't, you may never get the help that you need & it can get worse as you get older.I know we don't know each other, but if you would like to talk to me, I can give you some suggestions on how to tell a trusted adult. I can even show you my long e-mail to my teacher & maybe it will help.If you ever need anyone to talk to, you can e-mail me at soccerchick@tds.net. I will be glad to talk to you. I like talking to people who have been or who are going through the same thing as me. I'm pretty lonely, because I've lost of my friends due to my depression & isolating myself, so like I said, I'd be glad to have someone to talk to. So e-mail me when you get the chance. Good luck in everything you do.God Bless.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • im 15 & think i may be suffering from depression. i haven't been to see a doctor or even spoke about this with anyone! it may not even be depression or anything really but thought id post to see.so heres whats wrong:I find myself obsessing over everything, i go over conversations ive had with people in my mind and think to my self what if i had said this or i shouldnt of said that, even if it was just a general conversation and what i said didnt make a difference i still obsess over it. i constantly feel down when im stuck in the house and not outside, in like school holidays and everyone else is out. i get jealous of people who can go out and feel better when i know what there up to or if i know there not going out either. i constantly say to myslef oh i wish i had there life or wish i was them. realy stupid i know, but i cant help it.i also get jealous of people very easily, i dont like being left out, and i constantly feel left out even if im not. like if my friends are talking to each other i feel i need to know what there talking about or i have to be there. i wish i didnt but i do.another thing is that i obsess over people. i know that sounds stalkerish, but i hate it. when talking to this person i try to think what im going to say to her so it sounds perfect and i know i wont hate myself later on for saying it. when i see this person i constantly feel i need to talk to them, for example when they sign in on msn i feel i need to speak to them, or if they talk to me first i feel better. i analyise everything they say to me. i get jealous when someone else is having a conversation with them. my stomache is in nots when i am talking to them and i constantly want to be with them. and NO i am not in love, i know that!!!this is going on forever but i feel i need to get it all off my chest, even if it is only on here, it makes me feel better. im not scraed of dying, i want to die at a young age, i dont want to get old and see everyone else die aroud me, i always tell my self as soon as i lose someone close i wont be far behind them. i constantly feel like dying, but i know i would never actually do it. please dont be concerned about this comment i just really needed to get it off my chest.so do you all think there is anything wrong with me? any advice?i hate feeling like this, i hate obsessing over this person, it drives me crazy but i really cant help it!!sorry this is so long but i would really appreciate any comments or help!!!xxxxxHey, I just want to let you know that you are totally normal or should I say that there isn't anything wrong with you except that right now your mental state and emotions are making you feel really crappy and strung out. I have gone through all the things that you are going through, though now I am older and those things have become much less. It's truly a part of adolescence which can be made harder if you are sensitive, creative and very active mentally. When I hit 13 I had a massive hormonal change and consciousness change, and I started getting all kinds of weird obsessive stuff, anxiety, depression etc. See if you can do alternative things like homeopathy or natural remedies to help you relax and find creative outlets and physical outlets, #1 importance. Don't let doctors give u medication for a stage in life where all your hormones and mental functions are changing which is perfectly natural. Doctors simply prescribe the same pill (which may have negative side effects) for everyone who has any sign of these issues without taking into account the individual. I just want to say from my heart that you truly are normal and nothing is "wrong with you" you just need to find ways to relax yourself so that your life is more peaceful.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 29, 2009
    • 08:50 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey, I just want to let you know that you are totally normal or should I say that there isn't anything wrong with you except that right now your mental state and emotions are making you feel really crappy and strung out. I have gone through all the things that you are going through, though now I am older and those things have become much less. It's truly a part of adolescence which can be made harder if you are sensitive, creative and very active mentally. When I hit 13 I had a massive hormonal change and consciousness change, and I started getting all kinds of weird obsessive stuff, anxiety, depression etc. See if you can do alternative things like homeopathy or natural remedies to help you relax and find creative outlets and physical outlets, #1 importance. Don't let doctors give u medication for a stage in life where all your hormones and mental functions are changing which is perfectly natural. Doctors simply prescribe the same pill (which may have negative side effects) for everyone who has any sign of these issues without taking into account the individual. I just want to say from my heart that you truly are normal and nothing is "wrong with you" you just need to find ways to relax yourself so that your life is more peaceful. I agree with the above.15 is a very hard time of life. I advise you to perhaps volunteer and do something for those) including animals that you can help. My other advise is not to go to get involoved with the professional mental health people just yet. Once you get a diagnosis of something like OCD it is on your records for ever and some doctors (the lazy ones) will use it to explain other things which are not related.
    chrismia 159 Replies
    • December 30, 2009
    • 01:42 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement