Discussions By Condition: Mental conditions

PLEASE can anyone help my son?!

Posted In: Mental conditions 0 Replies
  • Posted By: rachelashley22
  • November 29, 2006
  • 06:40 PM

ANYONE who is willing to look at this email and give me some advice on what to do with my 6 year old son, will be beneficial to us in our situation. He was diagnosed recently with ADHD. (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) He's been on Metadate CD, Adderall, and Strattara, for this disorder. I've also taken him to an ear eyes nose and throat doctor who took out his tonsils and adenoids to see if this condition had anything to do with sleep apnea. He's been on Strattara again (2nd time been placed on this med) and for some reason at school he is now dazing off more, walking around the classroom at his leisure, and lying to me about the kind of day that he's had when he gets home. I am so lost. I have an appointment scheduled for him at the eye doctor to see if he needs vision help, I thought maybe it might be something they call oppositional defiance disorder (commonly referred to as ODD) but I really don't think he's a bad child. I'm wondering if the strattara is what's causing this behavior! I need some help! Does anyone have any suggestions for me on what to do with him? I'm at a standstill point with him and just need some direction! For all I know, he may not even have ADHD!

Thanks!
Rachel:o

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement