Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

urinary problems

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 29, 2006
  • 05:12 AM

i first went to the doctor because I have been urinating around 20 times a day. At the doctor I recieved a culture test which came back negative. That was about a month ago and I have not been to the doctor since. I still urinate around 20 times a day and sometimes have a clear white filmy substance in my urine. This only happens when I make a boul movement and have to push to get it out. Please help

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Have you heard of interstitial cystitis? Its symptoms are like a bladder infection without the infection. here is the first link I found on google. There are better ones: http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/interstitialcystitis/ just in case its not okay to put links here and the link gets taken down - just google interstitial cystitis and you will find out about it.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 29, 2006
    • 05:08 PM
    Flag this Response
  • This has happened to me as well. I had a urinalysis, which showed microscopic blood. I'm assuming yours did not since you did not mention it. My PCP thought it might be a kidney stone. Although I had no pain, he said sometimes they irritate. So I had a kidney sonogram, which showed a cyst, one wall of which the radiologist could not see too well, so I had a CT scan. It was just a cyst and all my other organs were great. I went to a urologist who did further urinalyses (all clear) and a cystocopy, in which the doc inserts a catheter and a small viewing instrument to look around the bladder. No sign of cancer in that or cancer cells in any of the urine specimens. I only had the microscopic blood once and the doc said that could be anything; sometimes people have it all the time with no indication of anything wrong. Anyway, I have had the same frequent urination thing crop up a couple of times since then. While cultures have been negative, the urine is concentrated with slight bacteria, which can cause irritation. You have to drink more water strangely enough to urinate less. Interstitial cystitis is also a possibility; symptoms vary with that but there is usually pain or discomfort in some measure. I would go again to the doctor and have another urinalysis (microscopic blood can be present from time to time, not all the time and that COULD mean something serious). In the meantime, drink a lot of water, stop all caffeine, cut down on salt and see if that helps at all.
    maya47 1 Replies
    • November 29, 2006
    • 06:08 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement