Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Lip Changes

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 7 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 27, 2006
  • 09:27 PM

I noticed a day or two ago that i had some small lip changes. I dont know what it is and cant find anything like it on the internet.

The changes are very slight and located on my upper lip. It seems as if it are very tiny little spots scattered at certain parts of my upper lip. The spots are the size of a small dot made with a pencil or even smaller. They are slightly lighter color then my lip and usualy bunched together. It is not a scar, it seems as if the pigment changed or something like this.

If anyone has any clue what this could be then i would kinldy ask to help me and reply.

Reply Flag this Discussion

7 Replies:

• got the same bloody thing and cant find anything... Pls help
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 16, 2007
    • 10:01 PM
    Flag this Response
  • When I was younger, I would get mouth cold sores. Sometimes I would feel like I was starting one (that tingle) and the only thing that would show up would be light areas (dots) under the skin. The cold sore would never erupt. Hopefully you are not getting cold sores, (but it's not the end of the world). They can be controlled with Valtrex if taken ASAP.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • September 21, 2007
    • 10:34 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Don't worry...those little spots in your lip might be just sebaceous glands. They are called Fordyce spots.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 21, 2007
    • 11:21 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I thought Fordyce's spots were dark.
    rad-skw 1,605 Replies
    • September 22, 2007
    • 10:05 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I thought Fordyce's spots were dark.no, they are whiteish-yellow =)
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 15, 2009
    • 06:52 AM
    Flag this Response
  • But i was wondering.. I got like this burn above my upper lip even tough i havent been in the sun.. I have got this once before and I feel like my lips are growing bigger.. Does anybody know what this is?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi,I don't want to alarm anyone just based on the fact that your lips seem to be getting bigger, but also look at your hands, your feet, the length of your arms and legs, the way your cheeks look (if they are flattening out), your forehead (same thing, getting broader and flattening out), if your shoes seem tight, if your finger nails are becoming flat, it the ends of your fingers start to broaden (spatulate) you might have yourself checked for Acromegaly. Broadening and thickening of the lips is one of the first symptoms. It is caused by a growth (polyp usually, but sometimes a cyst) on the pituitary gland (the gland which determines your growth), which is in the center of the brain. This causes the pituitary gland to start producing growth hormones again. The pituitary gland withers after one has achieved full growth. It is fairly rare, only about 75 per one million people, but I have seen three people with it. It is pretty easy to treat, all they have to do is do a simple operation by sticking a little camera and cutting device up your nasal cavity and removing the growth, after which the pituitary gland will stop producing the growth hormone. It is usually seen in middle aged men and women. The most famous case of it was in Medieval times, when John of Gaunt grew to be over 9 feet tall. I have been to the Four Towers Castle on the Thames River in London, where his armour is, and it is truly amazing. Remember, it is fairly rare, and there can be many reasons why your lips may seem larger, but if you notice any other of the symptoms, get checked right away, because the effects will stop after the time of the operation, but cannot be reversed, so early diagnosis and treatment is a big plus..
    LadyeFaire 8 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement