Discussions By Condition: Endocrine conditions

Thyroid lab results?

Posted In: Endocrine conditions 5 Replies
  • Posted By: worknonjoy
  • November 23, 2006
  • 07:07 PM

My doc ran a few thyroid tests because I've been feeling so bad. My TSH was 7.892 which is high, and my Reverse T3 was 386 which was high. I'm not sure what thay meant but my doctor said my thyroid was low. Then she put me on Levothyroxine and then my TSH was really low at .017 and my Reverse T3 was higher at 658. Does anyone have a clue what this could mean? Thanks!

Reply Flag this Discussion

5 Replies:

• Your lab results and doctor's comments mean that you have hypothyroidism. Did the doctor not tell you that? I recommend visiting websites such as WebMD and NIH to learn more.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 25, 2006
    • 03:16 AM
    Flag this Response
  • No, my doctor just said my thyroid was low and prescribed the Levothyroxine. But after taking the Rx, my TSH is really low, so I'm not sure what's what.
    worknonjoy 1 Replies
    • November 25, 2006
    • 03:23 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Your doctor gave you too strong therapy, so she launched you from hypothyroidism to hyperthyroidism. TSH is now significantly beyond the limit. I recommend you to change the doctor, find someone with more experience. And whatever you do try to avoid stress.
    sara.t 5 Replies
    • November 29, 2006
    • 11:54 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I am not sure if the doctor explained to you what is going on and what the numbers mean. I have hypothyroid problems, I'll tell you my info and try my best to explain and hopefully help you out a bit. I have an under active thyroid also, it was at 79.98. I went on levothyroixine, and then my levels went to 0.16.The brain works opposite of our logic. So the higher the number, the more hypo you are. Your levels should be inbetween 0.3 and 3.0. It's kind of like on a scale of 1 to 10, pick how you feel, 10 being the WORST and 1, you're feeling great. So my levels, 79.98 i felt horrible. Now 0.16, I am too great, too hyper. So my doctor is slowly bringing my med dosage down. I hope you are able to find a good endocronologist, the know what they are doing, more then a general practioner. Also, check out this website. www.thyroidhost.proboards30.comThey are very helpful there and they will be able to help you out a lot more then me. Good luck!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 1, 2006
    • 01:32 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Sorry about the link before here it is again.www.thyroidhost.proboards30.com
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 1, 2006
    • 01:34 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement