Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Need Help with Chronic Rash

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Need Rash Help
  • March 21, 2009
  • 05:09 PM

Rash began 5 years ago, diagnosed as Delayed Pressure Urticaria, also have cold related Pressure Urticaria and dermatagraphism. Went through steroids and antihistamine treatment and seemed to have rash under control. Slowly weaned off most meds except taking two Zyrtec and two Zantacs daily. Applying Clobetasol topically to get relief from hottest spots. Only time I was getting a breakthrough rash in last year was right before my period began and during the period. At start of last "cycle", rash started and has continuously gotten worse. I have it in quite a few areas of my body and this time it has taken over my entire scalp and ears and neck. I also have lumps from the size of peas to the size of dimes under my skin on my neck. They are slightly painful and the skin covering the lumps itches. I have never had this many lumps or this much rash on my scalp. I was started on Allegra 180 mg. yesterday in addition to what I already was taking. Also started on a Prednisone taper and have an oilbased steroid to apply to scalp 3xweek at bedtime (and put on shower cap for sleeping) and am to shampoo with only "free" shampoo.

I've had multiple blood testing ANA and others to test for Lupus and many autoimmune diseases which often present with a rash before the TRUE cause surfaces. My tests were inconclusive.

Has anyone ever had anything like this? What caused it? Should I be concerned about these lumps??? Please HELP!!!!

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement