Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Symptoms of depression or something else! need immidiete answer!!

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 11 Replies
  • Posted By: LGS808
  • March 11, 2009
  • 06:49 PM

ok, its my first thread and i think ive come to the right place. so, just about a month ago ive started to feel these symptoms:
1:at times i get dizzy spells
2:tired all the time
3:slight loss of concentration
4:my eyes feel like they want to close
5:at times headaches
6:days ago had diahreah
7:somtimes hard to focus eyes
8:no matter how long i sleep, i sleep 7-8 hrs daily. i am tired
9: i DO have a history of anxiety and still do.
10:had insmonia before
11:moved from a different country 1 year ago.
12:lastly, i can be stressfull.

***i am going to the doctor for my annual shots tomorrow so i really need an answer fast!!! plz, i hate having these symptoms:(:( and i want them gone!!! also, how long will it take to recover?

thx to all who take their time to answer!

Reply Flag this Discussion

11 Replies:

• Hi So your are very fatigued all the time. Have you been checked for diabetes or anemia.
    tgreen7597 2 Replies Flag this Response
  • HiSo your are very fatigued all the time. Have you been checked for diabetes or anemia. very, no. like 1/2 of me is and the other not. it happens at random times and if i go to somwhere public (mall, big building or very bright lighted store) i go nuts!! i dont have diabeties b/c i dont loose weight, dont use the restroom alot or have the heavy urge to drink.but, i DO sit at the computer after school and am bored all the time. cant find my hobby and its winter, cold.
    LGS808 10 Replies Flag this Response
  • also, as i mentioned. it comes and goes. i had it when i was in school and in the mall but now i dont.....could it be b/c im bored and have nothing planned for the day (or 1 year!).
  • 1:at times i get dizzy spells2:tired all the time3:slight loss of concentration4:my eyes feel like they want to close5:at times headaches6:days ago had diahreah7:somtimes hard to focus eyes8:no matter how long i sleep, i sleep 7-8 hrs daily. i am tired9: i DO have a history of anxiety and still do.10:had insmonia before11:moved from a different country 1 year ago.12:lastly, i can be stressfull.All of the above can be caused by depression or anxiety. The visual stuff is likely to be worse with your frequent use of a computer. Life changes like moving to a new country can exacerbate the symptoms. also, how long will it take to recover? This is very dependent on you and your drive to recover from this. Please talk to your doctor about these somatoform physical responses you are experiencing. It's possible they will want to place you on and anti-depressant or an anti-anxiety medication, but in my experience this only prolongs the disorder. You must choose your actions and thoughts in such a way as to feel better about yourself and become engaged with others and/or find a good hobby or activity to do alone. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy did the trick for me, even without a therapist. You can teach these things to yourself.
    Harmonium 322 Replies Flag this Response
  • All of the above can be caused by depression or anxiety. The visual stuff is likely to be worse with your frequent use of a computer. Life changes like moving to a new country can exacerbate the symptoms. This is very dependent on you and your drive to recover from this. Please talk to your doctor about these somatoform physical responses you are experiencing. It's possible they will want to place you on and anti-depressant or an anti-anxiety medication, but in my experience this only prolongs the disorder. You must choose your actions and thoughts in such a way as to feel better about yourself and become engaged with others and/or find a good hobby or activity to do alone. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy did the trick for me, even without a therapist. You can teach these things to yourself. ah, the reply i was wating for...yea in the US i had a therapist and counceling but here in europe i cant find one..now ill try to teach ,myself and talk to the doc. tomorrow!thx.
  • Glad to be of use! :D Good luck!
    Harmonium 322 Replies Flag this Response
  • Glad to be of use! :D Good luck! thx!:D i knew this is the right place!
  • ok, is electro hypersensitive a bad thing, or can it get worse over time. these symptomes come at random times, but commonly by these public places. could it be anemia, i mean i had a computer for more than a year and these symptomes came a mnth from now....if it would be anemia, are pills the only cure, im 15 and weigh around 110lbs. thx.
  • Hun really you don't want to go mentioning this electro stuff, Blaze hits EVERYONE with it, your doctor would look at you as if you had 2 heads, and put all down to anxiety. Just stick to the facts, tell him your symptoms & tell him you want to feel better asap. Regarding your computer you can get a screen thingy to cover your screen if you are feeling any affects from it, it helps your eyes & helps to prevent headaches from the glare, I cant remember what they're called but they're common & easy to buy. If you have anemia your doctor will be able to tell from the colour of the insides of your eye lids, he would then order blood tests & any other blood tests necessary. Good luck hun, hope you feel better soon.....:)
    Tootsie 628 Replies Flag this Response
  • Have a fasting blood draw. I had same symptoms and found out I have hypothyroidism.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi ! --have been diagnosed with depression .so i am going to give some of my simptoms ,see how many match up to your simptoms.1.anger - 2 .skin rash -and seem to scrach and pick at the skin .3 dont want to go out- 4.dont want to see any one - 5.very tired all the time ,6 -the more i sleep the more tired i am .7- wake up all night . Thick headed .cant think. No consetration .7 .cry all the time .8-worry over every thing. 9- blurred vision 10- dizzy. 11- hearing little bad at times. 12-depressed most the time .13- dont care any more -14-head akes 15-lost interest in all hobbys.-17 -look for a reason to take a pill for some pain or another.18 -i just dont find anything funny and think people are rather silly to laugh at nonsinse . Most the time i could not find the reason why i am living. And so i can realy go on :--- but am happy to say i am on deprecion pills and a diffrent person..hope my personal depression symptoms can inlighten and help you. I do know for a fact other people dont notice or maybe dont realy care ,maybe every one has there own problems .you must go and get help dont leave it , it only gets much worse. Take care
    charmaine petzer 176 Replies Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement