Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Cheek Trauma hasn't healed?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: ametone
  • March 8, 2009
  • 03:07 AM

Two years ago I was jumped outside of a gas station and punched in the right cheek. I went to the ER and was told I had no fracture. To this day my cheek is still swollen and sensitive to the touch. I cannot press it with hardly any pressure without getting pain that feels much like a bruise. If it is pressed any harder than minimal pressure then I feel a sharp pain. From time to time I get a dull pain without touching it. Also when I get headaches it seems to be a bit painful too but more like sinus pressure. :confused:
I've seen my regular doctor about it but she didn't seem to worried, but she never seemed to worried about anything I went to see her for...

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Have you been to a dentist since all this began? Sounds to me like you could have an abscessed tooth (possibly disrupted at the root from the punch, but it could also be unrelated). I would also think you need a new doctor... you've had swelling and pain for two years and your current doc dismisses it? Find someone who will listen to you--there are good docs out there.
    Harmonium 322 Replies Flag this Response
  • Seems like you should get a second opinion, but try acupuncture in the meantime, and EFT:www.emofree.com
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • You could have a fracture of the zygoma that was missed,and there's been a delayed union of the fragments.Yes, get a caring doctor.
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi3years ago i was hardly punched....U know bruising etc etc nothing speciall little pain.. but i have had problem with sensations in the area cheek.... little parasthesia when i touch. today i know i have overlooked minor zygomatic fracture and little compression of the infraorbital nerve as the result of fracture.... 2 years or 3 years doesnt matter its too many years after trauma...... and this is problemi'm going to do CT , ENG...but i know its too late....If U read this please write me what was done to fix it in your case sorry for my english..i'm polish
    xdon82 2 Replies
    • December 12, 2012
    • 01:14 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement