Discussions By Condition: I cannot get a diagnosis.

Cheek Trauma hasn't healed?

Posted In: I cannot get a diagnosis. 4 Replies
  • Posted By: ametone
  • March 8, 2009
  • 03:07 AM

Two years ago I was jumped outside of a gas station and punched in the right cheek. I went to the ER and was told I had no fracture. To this day my cheek is still swollen and sensitive to the touch. I cannot press it with hardly any pressure without getting pain that feels much like a bruise. If it is pressed any harder than minimal pressure then I feel a sharp pain. From time to time I get a dull pain without touching it. Also when I get headaches it seems to be a bit painful too but more like sinus pressure. :confused:
I've seen my regular doctor about it but she didn't seem to worried, but she never seemed to worried about anything I went to see her for...

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• Have you been to a dentist since all this began? Sounds to me like you could have an abscessed tooth (possibly disrupted at the root from the punch, but it could also be unrelated). I would also think you need a new doctor... you've had swelling and pain for two years and your current doc dismisses it? Find someone who will listen to you--there are good docs out there.
    Harmonium 322 Replies Flag this Response
  • Seems like you should get a second opinion, but try acupuncture in the meantime, and EFT:www.emofree.com
    Monsterlove 2,921 Replies Flag this Response
  • You could have a fracture of the zygoma that was missed,and there's been a delayed union of the fragments.Yes, get a caring doctor.
    richard wayne2b 1,232 Replies Flag this Response
  • Hi3years ago i was hardly punched....U know bruising etc etc nothing speciall little pain.. but i have had problem with sensations in the area cheek.... little parasthesia when i touch. today i know i have overlooked minor zygomatic fracture and little compression of the infraorbital nerve as the result of fracture.... 2 years or 3 years doesnt matter its too many years after trauma...... and this is problemi'm going to do CT , ENG...but i know its too late....If U read this please write me what was done to fix it in your case sorry for my english..i'm polish
    xdon82 2 Replies
    • December 12, 2012
    • 01:14 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement