Discussions By Condition: Pregnancy

Strange Early Pregnancy Symptoms

Posted In: Pregnancy 36 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 13, 2006
  • 08:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm 26, just got married on 10/28. My period began on 10/24 and ended on 10/28.

Hubby and I weren't "careful" during our honeymoon, especially on Halloween (3 days after my period ended) and 17 days later I began getting VERY sore swolen breasts (tingly, sore nipples and very sore near the armpits). My right breast is more sore than the left. I've also had serious constipation, queasiness, and flatulence like you wouldn't believe. I took a HPT on Saturday 11/9 but it came out negative.

My period usually comes every 32-34 days, making the next one due around 11/27. I usually get my PMS symptoms 3 days before menstruating, so I know this cannot be PMS-related symptoms - it's far too early for that!

My questions are as follows:
1. Could it be possible to have ovulated on day 8 of my cycle?
2. Could it be possible that I'm pregnant?
3. What are the odds that I am pregnant?
4. When should I test again with another HPT?

Thanks for reading. I have been surfing the net looking for info all day to see what my issue is!

Reply Flag this Discussion

36 Replies:

• Sorry that should be 9 days later!Hubby and I weren't "careful" during our honeymoon, especially on Halloween (3 days after my period ended) and 17 days later I began getting VERY sore swolen breasts (tingly, sore nipples and very sore near the armpits).
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 13, 2006
    • 08:40 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Answers as follows:1. Yes, many people ovulate early and sperm can live in utero for a few days.2. Maybe3. Don't know.4. Take another test whenever you like. Home pregnancy kits test for HCG - this is produced by the area on your ovary where the egg was released if the egg is fertilized, it can take a few days to build up to testable levels.Did you want to get pregnant?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 17, 2006
    • 04:05 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Did you test again? I am experiencing some of the same symptomsLast period was november 26th....all this week I have been feeling sick to my stomach at night (bedtime) had some weird cramping and my right breast is sore near my armpit! Next period isn't due until next week...I tested and it was negative....Not sure what is going on?!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 24, 2006
    • 00:03 AM
    Flag this Response
  • I also feel as though I may be pregnant. The likelihood of me being so is greater than yours, but I am feeling similar symptoms, ESPECIALLY pain near the armpits. I have not gotten tested yet, but if I am pregnant I would be 6 weeks already. I was not planning it, hopefully all goes well.Good luck to anyone else!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • January 16, 2007
    • 07:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • I'm searching for info because i o on day- 8or 9,and have cycles 26 in length it seems early but my ob confirmed i do.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 25, 2007
    • 07:21 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi everyone,ok i always ovulate immediately after my period so it goes to show ovulation can occur at anytime.also sperm lives inside you for upto 72 hours,then simply dies and either comes away or is absorbed into your body.you can get false negative results but not false positive ok.i personally would wait until the day of your next due period to do a test,as the pregnancy hormone will be at its strongest by then.i also recommend to use clear blue digital so there is no confusion over the result("is that a blue line...i dont know its real faint")...if you still get a negative go see your doctor if your period doesnt put in an appearance.as for pain in the armpit...thats a new one on me,and i have been pregnant 6 times!!!good luck i hope you all get the results you want.xxx
    rebeccamc 40 Replies
    • February 26, 2007
    • 04:58 PM
    Flag this Response
  • im experiencing bloating and abdominal pain sore breasts and headaches ,no period but pregnancy test sais no ,can anyone help
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies Flag this Response
  • you can get either false negative results or false positive results i have taken a test that came up positive and i went to the doctor and i was not pregnant
  • i have a five month old and just breastfeeding i took 6 pregnancy test and they all came back positive. i have been having mild cramping. heres my question can this be pregnancy again so soon or left over hormones from last pregnancy.
  • I am having similar symptoms. I thought I might be pregnant, because of the nausea. I'm not having my period, because I am nursing my 7 month old still. I was having the pain around my right breast, which I did not have with my first pregnancy. I took a pregnancy test which came up negative. I went to the Dr. a few days later and found out that I have gallstones. Gallstones can cause all of the symptoms that you mentioned. So, you may want to see your Dr. to find out.
  • i am facing the same issue. here goes. my last period was june 4th.. no period since then. i always feel like i'm about to start my period but it never comes. anyway, i feel sick on and off, have headaches, and cramps. i have no idea whats wrong. anyone have any advice? i have taken 6 hpts and all came out negative. so when should i test again?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 23, 2007
    • 04:11 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Complications of Crohn’s Disease

Recognize the risks associated with Crohn’s disease.

8 Surprising Facts About Cholesterol

Did you know that one in six US adults has high cholesterol?

• I understand. My I'm only a week late, but I have been running to the toilet a hundred times a day, I feel nauseated, and have no energy at all. I sleep for 9-10 hours a night, but still feel tired. I have taken two tests and both were negative. Should I see a doctor and get a blood test? I am so confused about this as I've never been through anything like this and am feeling this is all very surreal. Have never felt like this before ever, though.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 25, 2007
    • 02:19 AM
    Flag this Response
  • u could definitley get a negative and still be pregnant i think u should get a blood test fast especially if ur period is late
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 9, 2007
    • 11:24 PM
    Flag this Response
  • With my first ds I took six home tests in one week and had a blood test done the following week... all tests were negative including the bt... but I was in fact 4 weeks along at that point....
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • September 16, 2007
    • 06:09 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Hey everyone, so ive been going crazy because im not sure if im pregnant or not. But towards the end of October my bf and i had sex. I was worried then that i might be pregnant, but then my period came ( shorter than usual tho) So i thought i was in the clear. But now (dec. 6) i have been feeling more symptoms then ever. I havent been able to fall asleep at night,peeing like crazy,dizzy,heachaches,increased smell,and as of four days ago when i woke up in the morning i randomly threw up. ( this is what scared me the most) Im having random back pains here and there and i have no sign of my period showing up ( normally i have tons of pms symptoms before getting my period) can someone just help me out with this lol i just need to know if anyone else has gone through the same thing and if im simply just worried about nothing. Thanks so much!!
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • December 7, 2007
    • 08:34 PM
    Flag this Response
  • ok, i missed my period last week , i had dark gooey stuff come out instead. i am experiencing sore breasts by my left armpit,im bloated,queasiness throughout the day,constipated, heartburn , and lower back pain, i took a pregnancy test and it was negative. any advice?
    laura17 1 Replies
    • August 22, 2008
    • 07:53 PM
    Flag this Response
  • hi ive been having cramping in my abdomen and my period isnt due for another 2 weeks. my breasts are sore and ive been vomiting around noon for the past few days i had sex 5 days ago could i be pregnant?
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 5, 2008
    • 09:22 PM
    Flag this Response
  • ugh, ive been taking birth control for 2 years and for the past three days ive been having really dark nipples tingly breasts, and soreness, its also very achy. I took a test before these signs appeared and it was negative. What should i do, I've never had this before AF. :(
  • Hi ! Im 17 and will be 18 in febuary ! Ive been talking to this guy thats 19 all since 08 summer. We just started having sex in april of theis year and we havent been using protection. When we recently had sex at the beggining of this month, we didnt use protection again. This time was different. He ejaculated sooner than he normally does because he had to get back to work. Like a week 1/2 later i was feeling weird. Not like an im about to catch a cold weird, but a i dont know whats wrong with me weird ! Ive been too scared to get a test or go to the doctor. And the guy keeps continuously telling me to go. I did come on my period but it was a couple days late. I normally cramp 2-4 days before i come on but i didnt cramp at all. Now i know your body goes through weird changes but im too old for it to start changing now. {questions}1] should i go get a test or go to the doctor ?2] am i just being perinoid ? 3] what should i do ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
  • i have a five month old and just breastfeeding i took 6 pregnancy test and they all came back positive. i have been having mild cramping. heres my question can this be pregnancy again so soon or left over hormones from last pregnancy.you wouldn't have residual pregnancy hormones 5 months later.
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • August 28, 2009
    • 04:39 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement