I am 54 years old; my problems started a long time ago.
1. In my early 20s I first experienced discomfort inside the tip of my penis, soon after pain on ejaculation in the same place (it feels like a stricture, but no such thing has been detected).
2. As time went on, the flow of urine worsened, with a lowest flow rate of about 15% (about age 40). I often experienced burning on urination (but no longer today).
3. I had several urinary infections in my 30s, on one occasion leading to a temporary blocking of the urinary system that had to be dealt with at the emergency ward.
4. In the last few years, it has become ever harder to "trigger" the prostate, it feels "blocked". The quantity of prostate fluid is very small.
No diagnosis has ever explained these problems.
My prostate gland is normal in size and not unusually hard.
Numerous psychiatric analyses have not detected causes.
At age 20 I was infected with the parasite "strongyloides stercoralis". It was only detected when I was 39 years old. I was in the final stages then, i.e. nearly died, and as a result was out of work for 1.5 years.
The symptoms, however, indicate no obvious correlation between the parasites and my urinary problems. What has remained is a very slow intestinal system.
Various treatments re. the urinary problems have been tried. Accupuncture, an experimental high frequency electric treatment and medication against anaerobic bacteria (though such bacteria have never detected) have at times brought temporary improvement.
BUT a spinal anaesthetic (lasting about 6 hours) made the urinary problems disappear, for several weeks before returning slowly.
Additional medical problems that might be related:
- The testicle skin gets inflamed frequently. At first this was treated with cortisone creams; now I use cold cream with boric acid to keep this under control.
- In the last five years, I have experienced numbness on various parts of my skin, in fingers, on the foot and particularly on my thighs. This tends to come and go (leaving my doctors baffled).
- Mild fatigue and difficulty to concentrate
Unlike in younger years, I have arranged myself with my situation. But of course I still hope to find a way to improve my situation.
Any help and suggestions will be much appreciated.
Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.
With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.
Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.
What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.
Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,