Discussions By Condition: Gastrointestinal conditions

Vomiting every day for an entire month

Posted In: Gastrointestinal conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: jonzhunny
  • February 27, 2009
  • 05:15 PM

My 15 yr old son has vomited every single day since Jan. 27. We have seen: GP, pediatrician, GI doc and ped GI. They have done every GI type test,(endoscopy with biopsies,CTs,xray,Upper GI study) all to no avail. He can retain liquids usually, but no solids. They even did a head CT, which was negative. I wonder if there is any other reason besides GI that he would be vomiting? I don't know where else to go/who to see? His labs are hanging in there, but he has headaches, is tired/lightheaded, and HUNGRY!! Any ideas out there? I am exhausted. He never was sick, began with just vomiting. Never any fever, etc. help!

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• How are his stools? Has he ever presented with diarrhea during these episodes? Does he have any shoulder pain or pain between his shoulderblades? How is his urination? Does he have any dark urine, frequency, less frequency, or urgency? Has he tested for H pylori? Has he had a stool exam done to test for parasites? Have they done a HIDA scan to test the gallblladder function? Does he have any pain around the umbilicus, or any other epigastric or abdominal pain? Is he on any medications at all? Was he taking any prior to this issue? Sorry for all the questions, but hopefully it will shed some light on his problems. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 27, 2009
    • 05:23 PM
    Flag this Response
  • My 15 yr old son has vomited every single day since Jan. 27. We have seen: GP, pediatrician, GI doc and ped GI. They have done every GI type test,(endoscopy with biopsies,CTs,xray,Upper GI study) all to no avail. He can retain liquids usually, but no solids. They even did a head CT, which was negative. I wonder if there is any other reason besides GI that he would be vomiting? I don't know where else to go/who to see? His labs are hanging in there, but he has headaches, is tired/lightheaded, and HUNGRY!! Any ideas out there? I am exhausted. He never was sick, began with just vomiting. Never any fever, etc. help! i almost peed my pants laughing!!! at the 1st comment, i had to reply. last conversation i had with secretary at G.i drs reminded me of this she likes to say "oh! but she's done alot of test" no she has't!!!! maybe a few standard but not even some of the simple more obvious that would help me & definately not above & beyond, but i guess they don't think anyone gets fed up & does research on their own or uses todays tech.. to join forums!! some tests need to be done more than once or at different times or different ways to get results. when my story started (which included vomitting) they found gallstones but didn't think it inflamed(Gallbladder) so 1st testing didn't think it gallbladder disease,then someone figured out,well it wasn't inflamed the wall had thickened & hardened but they werent really sure till they actually went in. after surgery the dr says to me "GOOD THING WE TOOK IT OUT!" i'd been telling them that all along!!! i only seen GI dr a few times (every 3-6months) hows that alot??? moral of story i went to 1st dr 5yrs ago!! about original issues & 2 months ago !!was tested/diagnosed with B12 deficiency that i heard many people have after GB removal & other causes, so why hadn't anyone checked/"tested" it sooner if it's so common????? i'm still working on my issues hope your son doesn't have to deal with it long! P.S i met a young guy whos gallbladder disease was mis-diagnosed for a long time because they thought he was too young for it(about 15) keep persisting & i hope its nothing serious it could be anything!!!!!
    fashionista 9 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement