Discussions By Condition: Skin conditions

skin condition on face

Posted In: Skin conditions 9 Replies
  • Posted By: omgunicon
  • February 25, 2009
  • 10:25 AM

I started getting this problem maybe 4 years ago and it only occurs either at random or if I don’t bathe everyday religiously but still can occur bathing or not.

it appears to be something like dandruff that appears in only a few key spots on my face, my upper lip, my eyebrows just near the upper part of my nose, just under my eyes, on top of my cheeks, the side cravis of my nose, and the center of my forehead. Every spot is very small areas and it flakes off and becomes sore to the point that it almost bleeds but burns like crazy if stuff such as isopropyl is put on it. I've searched many websites for similar conditions but none seem to really match mine I've seen some WebPages that had 2 things that causes dandruff on the face but it really isn’t to much like dander . If anyone has any clues it would be appreciated

Reply Flag this Discussion

9 Replies:

• Have you seen a dermatologist?DOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies
    • February 25, 2009
    • 03:05 PM
    Flag this Response
  • like many americans today.. i lack a job and like many more i lack insurance to boot so no i havent seen a derma doc. As much as i'd like to its simply to costly for something that isnt killing me but more of a huge annoyance. somethign about paying 100-150$ just to see them for 10 min with a 25-50$ sign up fee is a bit extreme, i have looked into the cost of such things even to see a normal doctor. thier prices dont alter much the only ones i've found with reasonable prices without insurance is dentists and some chiropractors.
    omgunicon 3 Replies Flag this Response
  • Okay, a good chiro with kinesiology experience may be helpful. Any holistic doc with experience treating skin disorders may be helpful. Do the patches start out red, and are they flakey like silver on top? Could be psoriasis - have you researched pics on the net? What topical treatments have you tried? Isopropyl alcohol would NOT be something to use. .. But what about a good aloe product? Emu oil? Comfrey salve? Colloidal Silver? Herbal Answers Herbal Aloe force skin gel is fantastic if you can find it. It is very concentrated and has herbs added to it. I love this stuff. Google for info, you may be able to find this product online. Emu oil is supposed to be especially helpful for psoriasis. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • its not psoriasis, i've seen pictures of it in the past and rechecked some to recall my memory its very minor most pt with psoriasis have large or mottled patches mine are very isolated in certant area's ... it seems to be were i sweat the most but it only shows on my face and things that ive known to provoke it though it may seem odd is eating oatmeal or anything to sugary it makes my skin feel sticky and oily then it ushually shows up the next day, how ever that is to provoke it it does come on its own without doing such things. i dont drink soda or eat anything with alot of sugar except the ocassional mini wheats, but i mostly eat cheerios but besides my dietary habbits i dont eat greesy foods ect i drink plenty of water and diet pretty well i try to messure things out to the best that i can. the issue i have is it seems like seborrhea but the corners of my nose and top of my cheeks make it impossible i guess? because it only comes from areas that have hair. if you have any other clues to what it might be i would love any research. also i have stuck creams/aloe on it like banana boat w/ vitaman E ect and it doesnt make it any better it just kind of .. makes it soft flakes on the skin.
  • Could It possibly be Pityriasis alba?http://www.visualdxhealth.com/child/pityriasisAlba.htm
    stedyedy 1 Replies Flag this Response
  • well i think i figured it out, i looked at book that one of my co-workers had she is a RN and happen to have a skin condition book and found out that its seborrheic dermatitis which is a bit depressing to have it.. it started when i was about 22ish and im 26 now and its went from upper at 22 to happening on the places i've stated above, thanks for the help on trying to find it though guys i just wish there was a cure for it instead of constant treatment to keep it in check. only good news is its not something that can be passed onto others.
  • well i think i figured it out, i looked at book that one of my co-workers had she is a RN and happen to have a skin condition book and found out that its seborrheic dermatitis which is a bit depressing to have it.. it started when i was about 22ish and im 26 now and its went from upper at 22 to happening on the places i've stated above, thanks for the help on trying to find it though guys i just wish there was a cure for it instead of constant treatment to keep it in check. only good news is its not something that can be passed onto others. Do try colloidal silver topically - it is very good for the skin. I like Source Naturals and you can find this on www.vitacost.com. You may also want to try green tea - it's good to drink and you can place the warm tea bag on the affected area. I suggest a good probiotic to help you get in balance internally. This can help skin conditions like dermatitis and eczema. It may take some time, but I don't believe it is incurable...allopathic medicine may not be able to help this problem, but please research herbal remedies as they are so effective. Best wishesDOM
    acuann 3,080 Replies Flag this Response
  • I had seborrheic dermatitis when I was a child around my nose. I still get it there very occasionally. I have found a weekly application of hydrocortisone cream to keep it at bay. But I like the idea of more natural treatments. I will try the colloidal silver, thanks, Acuann!
    Harmonium 322 Replies Flag this Response
  • The symptoms you describe could be those of eczema which I have had for years and control it easily with 1% hydrocortisone cream in very small amounts. You can buy a tube of this stuff at the grocery store for about 10 dollars. I don't think the actual causes of this condition are known, but I get it behind my ears and sometimes on my hands when it is very sunny. A good dermo doc can prescribe stronger hydrocort cream if indicated.bestBerta 2
    Berta2 2 Replies Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement