Discussions By Condition: Medical Stories

thyroiditis

Posted In: Medical Stories 0 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 8, 2006
  • 02:02 AM

I was diagnosed with hashimoto's thyroiditis about 2 months ago. My levels we at 80. So they started me at 75mcg. 2 weeks later I moved up to 112mcg. The dr gave me samples of synthroid. I started the new dosage and now I feel worse then before!! I have a lot of pain all over, and I have gained even more weight and am losing more hair. My skin started itching all over. Then I can't sleep at night anymore. I have to take tylenol pm most nights. I don't feel like I have gotten any sleep in the last month. I really do feel worse now then ever. I think that it maybe the synthroid. I had taken the generic kind first and did awesome, but once I stared the higher synthroid I went down hill. I have changed to the generic 112mcg now and hope I feel better. I was wondering if maybe it is the synthroid or maybe it's just that I my levels after I took the generic went down fast to 10 and now they are leveling off so I could possibly need an even higher dosage? Let me know if anyone else has felt like this on synthroid. THANKS

Reply Flag this Discussion
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

Safe Sex With Hepatitis C

Prevent the spread of the hepatitis C virus.

Preventing Lung Infections

With COPD, it’s important to protect your lungs.

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement