Discussions By Condition: Mental conditions

Asperger syndrome

Posted In: Mental conditions 2 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • January 30, 2009
  • 08:20 AM

is asperger syndorme a genetic abnormality? and does anyone actually know what it is? i was diagnosed when i was 6 but i can only find random, scattered information aboutit and i can't connect the dots.

Reply Flag this Discussion

2 Replies:

• Asperger syndrome falls into the category of Autism Spectrum Disorders. If you research this topic you will most likely find more information than simply researching "asperger syndrom". Some doctors/scientists/health professionals etc believe there to be a genetic link with ASD while others claim environmental factors as a possible cause. In my research, (I work with many children diagnosed with ASD in my profession) I lean more heavily to the genetic theories but don't deny that some environmental factors may add to the condition.
    elemenope 4 Replies
    • January 31, 2009
    • 11:41 PM
    Flag this Response
  • is asperger syndorme a genetic abnormality? and does anyone actually know what it is? i was diagnosed when i was 6 but i can only find random, scattered information aboutit and i can't connect the dots.I have read about 14 books the best were Look Me In The Eye, Born On A Blue Day, an Oasis Guide To Asperger's Syndome your local library can order them from other libraries
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • February 11, 2011
    • 05:04 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement