Discussions By Condition: Nerve conditions

Weird Neuropathy Symptoms

Posted In: Nerve conditions 4 Replies
  • Posted By: Anonymous
  • November 7, 2006
  • 00:25 AM

Hi, four weeks ago I went in for a routine physical and was told my liver enymes were elevated (244/74). I am a 24 year old male with no history of medical problems. Over the course of the next three weeks, I had my blood retested to determine what was going on with the liver, and was told that the enzyme levels were dropping. During this period, I tested negative for all 3 heps, and I have recently had an ultrasound done, which came back entirely normal.

However, a week after the initial elevated enzyme diagnosis, I began feeling weird tingling sensations in the tips of my fingers. I thought nothing of them initially, but now they have begun to manifest themselves far more painfully. Now, four weeks after learning of the elevated enzymes, I have serious pain/burning in the pointer and middle fingers of both hands. In addition, I have felt similar pain in both feet. This problem seems to get worse at night, but in recent days, it has begun to stay with me throughout the workday. Has anyone heard or experienced a scenario such as this?

Thank you.

Reply Flag this Discussion

4 Replies:

• This will sound weird too, but please try it and let me know if anything happens. Put a thick even coat of Vaseline on your fingers/toes and wait and watch for around 2-3 minutes and let me know if there is any "pattern" or lines that show up by writing back on your own post. Its a long shot, but doesn't cost anything. If I don't hear anything, good luck to you.
    sleeaa 4 Replies
    • November 8, 2006
    • 03:12 AM
    Flag this Response
  • Please look at the thread - "Could this be MS?" MS often shows itself first in the hands and feets and legs - tingling, numbness, and burning pain. The best way I can describe it is like a bad sunburn. It comes and goes. The bottom of my feet hurt like I have torn ligaments or something. But I don't - it is nerve pain from the MS. It is always worse at night when you are in a prone position. Anyway, I don't think any of this has anything to do with your liver enzymes. You need to see a neurologist who understands these kind of symptoms.
    sulejo 3 Replies
    • November 9, 2006
    • 04:42 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Have you looked into Lyme Disease? Most of the symptoms seem to fit, but not the liver enzymes. See a lyme literate Dr and don't count on a test its a clinical diagnosis. Go to www.lyme.org to get more info.
    Sarah1969 2 Replies
    • November 9, 2006
    • 07:57 PM
    Flag this Response
  • Your message is very old and you may have sorted your health problems by now, but my husband had raised liver enzymes and was diagnosed with axonal neuropathy last year following experiencing the same tingling and burning in his legs which was much worse at night. Neurologist gave us the diagnosis then said there was nothing to be done, live with the pain and you may lose function if you are unlucky - Very helpful! I am a nutritionist and started running my own tests. I found him to be very high in mercury and arsenic and have been working on getting rid of these heavy metals since. Arsenic was quite easy to remove, mercury taking much longer. Nerves take a long time to regenerate, but I believe we are on the right track. Best wishes Julia
    Anonymous 42,789 Replies
    • November 20, 2008
    • 04:15 PM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement