Discussions By Condition: Ears, Nose, Mouth & Throat conditions

Chronic Tonsilities..

• Posted By: cvc7chris
  • January 18, 2009
  • 05:42 AM

i'm chris kinda new to here. but here's my problem

ever since October 2nd of 2008 i been having tonsil problems. they swell up to the point i cannot swallow. i been given antibiotics and it goes away and when i'm done with those it will come back in a few weeks it's came back 4 or 5 times ever since Oct 2008. i used to have a few little white spots on it but now there just Really big. (I CAN EAT THOUGH) doctor said i got Chronic tonsilities. they are HUGE but i can still eat and do w/e but do hurt when i yawn. or just sometimes but nothing major till now. it's been about 20-30 days without antibiotics and they have just been BIG...doc said i got 2 or 3 options.

1. get them taken out..(not really my option unless i have to)
2. get a waterpik with 1/2 water and 1/2 hydrogen peroxide and spray my tonsils 2 times a day for 6 months i just started doing that today and it's disgusting. and feels like i swallowed some but i didn't..
3. just leave it alone and might go away.

i chose 2 for now. and idk if it's really working or not since today was my first time i tried to do it cuz i'm kinda freaked out about the hydrogen peroxide in my mounth but they kinda started to hurt so i'm doing the waterpik thing for now.

anyone know if i REALLY do chronic tonsilities.
i been to 3 doctors and all tell me diffirent things like
-strep throat
-mono
and now chronic tonsilities..
i'm really bugged out by the situation and no one really knows why
i got mono tested by blood and came back negative so yeah

i haven't kissed anyone with mono or strep or been close to anyone with it also..

so idk whats up..

right now kinda hurts like 1.5/10 to swallow but it's manageable..

i really need to look at other options if any..

someone please help or share you experiences..

i really don't want to get them taken out cuz i start a new job on tuesday and i know if i get surgery i'm gonna be in bed for 2 weeks according to them...

so idk =[

Reply Flag this Discussion

1 Replies:

• Bump!.. tonsils still kinda hurts but manable pain and can still eat..i don't wanna go back to the doctor cuz they charged me alot of money for the doc to say "buy a waterpik from walmart" wth...
    cvc7chris 3 Replies
    • January 19, 2009
    • 04:12 AM
    Flag this Response
Thanks! A moderator will review your post and it will be live within the next 24 hours.
Advertisement

8 Health Dangers of Depression

Unmanaged depression can take a toll on your physical health.

Best Cough & Cold Meds for Kids

Help your child feel better, faster.

What HIV Positive Women Should Know About Sex

You can have sex after an HIV diagnosis.

Food Choices for Diabetes

What, when and how much you eat affects your blood sugar.

6 Exercises for Multiple Sclerosis

Ease your way into these stretching and strengthening moves,

Advertisement